PDA

View Full Version : Window schedule/elevations

harkeychad
2005-07-20, 05:02 PM
I have my schedule page and would like to put the different types of window elevations on here. Would I have to put in a elevation tag on plan and shorten up the elevation to just show the window? I hope there would be a better way. I do not see anything on the help screen as well.

Thanks,

rodneyf
2005-07-20, 05:09 PM
Look in the help file for Legends this is what they were made for and they work pretty good.

harkeychad
2005-07-20, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I will check it out.

harkeychad
2005-07-21, 01:39 PM
I looked in the help file and started my window schedule. I have placed some in from the family and changed my view. What is the Host Length(3'-0")? My other problem on this is that I made some windows using the system family: Elevation because I can not grasp on how to make proper windows, espically angled windows. I then inerted them into my elevations and cut out the wall for them. What I am trying to ask is, is it possible to put these in the window schedule as well or on a sheet? Thanks for your help

rodneyf
2005-07-21, 05:55 PM
If I am understanding you correctly you want to be able to place an in place family (i.e. one that you made inside your project) of your window into a legend view, if that is what you are talking about then the answer is no. As far as What is the Host length I think it refers to a sectional piece of say a wall or something similar I am not 100% sure.

harkeychad
2005-07-21, 06:26 PM
No. I did not make it in the project. It has a rfa.extension. I inserted it into the project and used the component to place it in the plan and used elevations and sections to locate the corect location on the wall. Does this help out?

rodneyf
2005-07-21, 10:00 PM
Okay now I understand. I am going to assume that you have not setup legends yet so bear with me. Here are the steps I use to set them up. First select the view tab on the design bar then select the Legend button then switch to the drafting tab of the design bar then select Legend Component button notice in the option bar there are a couple of drop down menus first select the window family type you want then select from the other drop down elevation and place it into your current view. At this time do not worry about the Host width drop down. If you are on Revit 8 then you can dimension the legend components. Hope this helps.

harkeychad
2005-07-22, 01:04 PM
I have did all that but still can not get in the windows i made from using the "family" system fanily elevation.rfa to put in the windows legend. As for the dimensions, I take it you can not do that in version 7?