PDA

View Full Version : Lost Levels

simonwhite
2005-07-20, 05:09 PM
I have lost my original levels in one particular project in all views (version 8 ) - but walls etc are still registering as connected to these lost levels. If I insert new levels in sections etc, they are visible. It seems to me that there is no way of changing level heights unless you can see the level annotation. Does anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!

Tom Dorner
2005-07-20, 05:54 PM
See this thread for similar problem and answers:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22269&highlight=levels

Tom

neb1998
2005-07-21, 12:34 AM
this is a dumb problem, i think this started with the release of revit 7...usually this happens when you start a project not near the origin...(between the 4 original elevation markers on new projects) - the levels are somehow space orientated...dumb, dumb, dumb...they give us this feature but not an area tool...come on!

The best way to resolve it is first to goto visibility setttings and uncheck "far clip active"...then if you have a crop region...pull it to the sides as far as your screen will stretch, you may find them some 1000000000 feet to the right or left...then spend another 5 min trying to drag the endpoints back to where your window starts...

This problem shouldnt be a problem....a level is a level...it should appear in every view no matter where it was created from...Grade is Grade. 1st floor is 1st floor, if we cant set 2 different elevations to "1st level" there should be no way not to see the first level at all times...

mmodernc
2005-07-21, 04:44 AM
Ha had this problem yesterday-stretching the crop regions and elevation extents works.

Chad Smith
2005-07-21, 05:50 AM
And this is where I think my wishlist item (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22296) would be handy.

simonwhite
2005-07-21, 07:32 AM
Thanks guys! Created a new ultra wide section and spotted them - and have now stretched them to cover all parts of the project. Still don't quite understand why they were where they were!

Steve_Stafford
2005-07-21, 07:48 AM
...Still don't quite understand why they were where they were!...My personal little theory is...first this seems to happen with projects that have been upgraded most often and I suspect that during upgrade Revit recognizes the original extents of the levels while converting and creating a "new" level that has 3D properties. The original extents of the level may have been elsewhere because the building was bigger than the original area between elevation markers or a dwg import arbitrarily shifted the extents of the project. Another possibility is the relocate project feature which will alter the "real" location of the project vertically.

I've never had this problem on a project that didn't start life in an earlier version template file or upgraded template file.

All conjecture and maybe utterly useless but I know that in the past a Revit ceiling grid would revert to the original orientation of the grid when I exported to dgn (yes that's Microstation) even though I had rotated the grid to another angle and that was what was displayed before and during export. Yet, I'd open the dwg and the grid was back orthogonal...so somehow Revit had stored the original orientation and exported that instead. A little mystical eh?