PDA

View Full Version : Column Grid 19 missing

Griff
2004-01-26, 07:45 PM
I have been adding grid lines to my plan. I placed several a few days ago without any problem. Well, now I'm going back into my plan and I have started adding more grid lines, but when I try to place column grid 19, I get an error saying that "the name is already in use. Enter a unique name." I shouldn't have, and I can't find grid 19 anywhere so I can delete it. Is there a way to find where it is?
Thanks for your help

JamesVan
2004-01-26, 08:03 PM
Griff,

You may have hidden the annotation in a view. If so, you can select all instances of grid lines by going into the Families portion of the project browser, selecting the family of Grid Head you are using (under Annotation Symbols). Right-click on it and pick "Select All Instances".

Griff
2004-01-26, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. Actually I have tried selecting all instances in my plan view. They all highlight but there isn't a column grid 19 anywhere.

beegee
2004-01-26, 09:58 PM
Duplicate the view.

All gridlines will now be visible in the duplicate for you to check.

Its also possible that one grid may overlay another. Try deleting, then restoring grids to identify this.

Griff
2004-01-26, 10:30 PM
That did it. Thank you

nrubens_99
2006-10-13, 02:11 AM
Another possible way to solve this problem is by opening the error message. When it appears, expand the errors and select the missing grid error. Then just follow the prompts. It should ask you if you would like to show the grid, if it is missing in that view it will ask you to open other views. You may then select it and delete it.