PDA

View Full Version : curtain wall as wood

SkiSouth
2005-07-21, 04:14 PM
Thought I try this on a project. Client wants to change aluminum interior office walls from aluminum storefront/curtain wall to wood. Changed mullions, sills and jambs and works fine, HOWEVER, the catch is the unions hor/ver cannot be mitered. Does this mean I must generate a new family for each office/storefront combo, or is there a trick to mitering these joints I don't know?

janunson
2005-07-21, 04:42 PM
put it in the spec (hehe ;-))

actually, i dont think there is an easy way. make a detail componant that masks the model lines and shows what you want instead and place over the top.

SkiSouth
2005-07-21, 04:46 PM
I was hoping to not have to stop and build a parametric window wall of wood. Oh well..

janunson
2005-07-21, 04:55 PM
a few quick modifications to a muntin family might do it...

janunson
2005-07-21, 04:57 PM
I was hoping to not have to stop and build a parametric window wall of wood. Oh well..
Try this window - set Muntin position to 0 and the width and depth to match the frame... would do the trick and still room bound...

SkiSouth
2005-07-21, 05:32 PM
Thanks, but not enough detail.
Another issue. Revit's mitering will cause a real issue in this parametric family.Attached the moulding that is being proposed. Note how the detail disappears where crossed and joined. (this is
inside the family )

aaronrumple
2005-07-21, 05:56 PM
This might do for you. Took a little linework cleanup, but is parametric.

SkiSouth
2005-07-21, 06:21 PM
This might do for you. Took a little linework cleanup, but is parametric.

Thanks aaron, this is where i was headed. This will greatly speed up the layout process.

SkiSouth
2005-08-08, 03:46 PM
An update, with a new question for the geniuses on Monday.
Using the curtain wall with individual units works great. The miters at all corners are correct (this is versus the use of profiles as mullions, since the miters are not correct that way). Scheduling the doors (which are curtain panels with trim) generates a new issue. The problem now is that the door schedule reports the rough opening size (overall panel size )as the door size. Any clue as to a work around here?