PDA

View Full Version : Topography in section

patricks
2005-07-25, 03:10 PM
I have a toposurface in my model so that the "earth" fill pattern will automatically show in section and exterior elevation views. However when I defined a detail view for a wall section, the earth pattern seems to stop directly at the edge of where I have a building pad defined.

Under the pad, the pattern shows. Outside the edge of the pad, the earth pattern does not show. This is only in a wall section view. Any ideas why?

iru69
2005-07-25, 03:49 PM
Can you post a see a screenshot?

(I know there are those who could probably help without seeing one - but even if I don't have an answer, it's helpful in understanding the problem so that I'll know it when I run into the same problem down the road).

patricks
2005-07-25, 04:33 PM
Here is a shot of the building section, and an enlarged wall section. Notice the earth pattern stopping at the edge of the pad (showing as the granular fill below the floor slab) in the wall section, but it shows fine in the 1/4" building section.

Something else I just noticed, the pad is not visible in the enlarged wall section, even though pads are turned on in Visibility/Graphics.

iru69
2005-07-25, 05:21 PM
Weird. Have you tried erasing that call-out and creating a new one to see if you get the same results?

The only way I can think of to replicate something like that in a view is to turn the Topography visibility off while leaving the Pad on with the pattern of the Pad material set to the Earth pattern.

patricks
2005-07-25, 05:29 PM
It happens in all wall section callouts, both building section and detail-type callouts.

Also as you can see, the pad isn't showing either in the wall section. I had the pad set to have a granular fill pattern to use underneath the floor slab. It shows in the building section but not in the wall section callout.

patricks
2005-07-25, 05:33 PM
arrghhhhhh once again I overlooked a fairly obvious solution -- the site workset was turned off (set to off by default). :Oops:

So for some reason, when you place a pad in a toposurface, it makes its own Earth fill below the pad, and that was showing, even though the pad and toposurface itself (on the Site workset) were turned off.

PeterJ
2005-07-25, 05:50 PM
So for some reason, when you place a pad in a toposurface, it makes its own Earth fill below the pad
Pads do both cut and fill so place one above your natural ground level and it will backfill for you.

ctc
2012-03-13, 09:52 PM
arrghhhhhh once again I overlooked a fairly obvious solution -- the site workset was turned off (set to off by default). :Oops:

So for some reason, when you place a pad in a toposurface, it makes its own Earth fill below the pad, and that was showing, even though the pad and toposurface itself (on the Site workset) were turned off.

I see this from time to time, I never use work sets, and have never found the problem. I currently have a project where this problem is occurring in numerous details. Does anybody have a solution?