PDA

View Full Version : Stretch horizontally while moving and adjusting vertical geometry

costas.vassiliou
2005-07-26, 06:06 AM
Hi there,

I have a rectangle with a vertical line which starts from the middle of the top
horizontal side and ends at the middle of the bottom side of the rectangle.
Is there a way to stretch, horizontally the rectangle and at the same time the vertical
line to be moved and adjusted to be vertical to the middle points of the top
and bottom sides of the new rectangle using dynamic blocks ?

Costas

mark.62793
2005-07-26, 12:47 PM
Well if I understand you clearly sounds like this is possible? You can use a linear parameter to stretch horizontally and another to stretch vertically. Then hookup a stretch action on the middle line with a .50 distance multiplier and it should keep it centered for you. If you give it a try authoring it then post here, we'll be able to TRY and help you out.

noozybkk
2005-07-26, 01:03 PM
I just created this one for you, is that what you mean? I used the Linear Stretch Pair parameter set.

I've constrained the size to 50units minimum width and 500units maximum width, but you can change this in the block editor.

Note: This is the block definition dwg file. Insert this into an existing drawing and have a play with it. If you try and open it directly, AutoCAD will ask if you want to open it in the block editor and if you select no, then the drawing will just open normally (ie - individual entities, not a block).

costas.vassiliou
2005-07-28, 12:22 PM
Thanks for your replies.

Both solutions will do but still I have to understand them !

I attach a dwg file, CV_DB_01 for Mark.
This is a sample I have tried to do. For the time I stretch the rectangle horizontally
but it seems that I missed the 'hook' part of your solution since the vertical line
does not move ! Please have a look at it and advice.

Regarding the sample you have send me (noozybkk - I could not find your name ! ) it is very interesting. I am attaching a dwg file, CV_DB_02, with a sample of the rectangle.
I made the stretch on the right, but when I attached another one to stretch it on the left
things are mixed up. Please have a look at it and clarify to me how at the end we pull it from one side end the rectangle is stretched from the other as well !

Thanks both of you for your time
Costas

noozybkk
2005-07-28, 01:06 PM
Here you go.

Two things were wrong with it.

1. The parameter wasn't associated with the left-hand stretch action.

2. The parameter dimension was set to work from startpoint rather than midpoint.

Hope this is now what you need.

Cheers

PS...You may want to check out the archived ATP course on dynamic blocks...You can download the material here (http://www.augi.com/education/archive.asp?page=293)

costas.vassiliou
2005-07-29, 12:46 PM
Yes ! That was all I was needed.
Also ATP course was very helpfull.
Thanks a lot.