PDA

View Full Version : Relative Levels

Chad Smith
2004-01-27, 10:58 PM
I have a site that has a topography surface made of absolute levels.
I then locate my building so it is at the correct height in relation to the site.
But my levels for my building are set to the absolute levels of the topography. i.e. Ground Level is at 16230.

Is it possible to change the levels of the building so that the ground level starts at 0.0 and the rest of the levels are relative to that, but keep the topography levels absolute?

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-28, 12:06 AM
Do this tutorial found in HELP > Tutorials (version 6.0)

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1271

Was called something like shared levels in 5.1 tutorials I think...

Kirky
2004-01-28, 12:31 AM
You can set the Ground Level Datum to match finished floor level or RL e.g. 10,000.
This way you don't go negative with footings, basement or land levels eg. Basement FFL 8,800, Ground FFL 10,000 First FFL 12,700 etc.
Some councils request that Site Datum be reference to City Datum, which relates to sea level (make drawing note of difference if required, should surfice)
I also suggest to dimensioned sections to make clear for the builder and council the actual distance between levels. Anything else and you're trying too hard :)

Chad Smith
2004-01-28, 01:28 AM
Steve, I had a look at the tutorial, but isn't that geared for linked projects?
I have a building and a site in the same file. So when I try to relocate the building the site still moves with it.
Unless, I'm just missing something. :shock:

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-28, 02:54 AM
Then it was just a short look? :D "moving" is part of the equation, you are playing a shell game with Revit. You move it to tell Revit what the elevation of the project IS, but then create a new level type that uses either the shared elevation or project. This way you can display true sea level elevation for the main floor then use relative elevations for others. You choose which level to use that fits your criteria.

Check it again, it should make sense, unless you have a building at 0 and a site at 200m above...then you'll have to move the building...lock all your levels together with a dimension string and change the level you want to be true elevation. That should get your bldg at the correct sea level elev.....or use the base elev feature and move the site down to the bldg, whichever is easier...