PDA

View Full Version : Section-detail custom annotation...

Adam Mac
2005-07-27, 01:18 AM
Hi all....

Could anyone possibly tell me how to fix the following problem (see attached)?
I've made this "custom" section mark with the idea that it has just 1 letter beside each tail, but i can't figure out how to get the letter to position correctly.

I know it must have something to do with where you position it in the annotation family??
But i just can't find the sweet spot!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

TIA

Adam

rjjlee
2005-07-27, 01:24 AM
Adam,
Have you tried turning reference planes on in the family?

Adam Mac
2005-07-27, 01:53 AM
Hi Renee - thanks for your reply.
Nice to know there's other Revit users that "close" to us here in Darwin!

I've got the refernce planes/lines visible in the family, and i can therefore see
the insertion point of the annotation, but in this case there doesn't seem to be a logical
position for the text relative to the insertion point such that when the section tail is mirrored
the text aligns itself properly??

I don't know if i'm being clear enough?
Adam.

Adam Mac
2005-07-27, 02:11 AM
I take that back - i've just noticed that the 2 vertical reference planes are "left" & "right".
If i position my text centrally between the 2 then it fixes the positioning of the text in the horiz. plane (ie. left and right).

I'll keep playing with it as i'd like the letters to be placed adjacent and inside the section tails......

Thanks for your help Renee!

rjjlee
2005-07-27, 02:18 AM
I know what you mean by "close". It takes a while to get replies from the majority of Reviteers as they are half way round the world!

I think I understand you about the text now. The only other thought I have is perhaps try aligning text to centre rather than justifying left/right?