PDA

View Full Version : electrical drawings

tect75
2005-07-27, 04:17 PM
working on electrical drawings. i have my symbols placed for lights, switches, etc. i now want to show the circuits from switch to fixture and so forth. what is the easiest way to do this. i tried using an arc but that did not work. i was hoping for something along the lines of a spline type line. any thoughts?

iru69
2005-07-27, 04:21 PM
i was hoping for something along the lines of a spline type line. any thoughts?
Why not use the spline type line? - it's there under the pull-down menu on the options bar for Detail Lines.

BWG
2005-07-27, 04:27 PM
working on electrical drawings. i have my symbols placed for lights, switches, etc. i now want to show the circuits from switch to fixture and so forth. what is the easiest way to do this. i tried using an arc but that did not work. i was hoping for something along the lines of a spline type line. any thoughts?

Why will the arc not work. There is also a tangent arc that can be drawn in a chain, but first you need to place a line or arc at the component. If chain is picked, you can pick different lines/arcs ect. without exiting the command. It seems to work pretty good unless you are wanting the lines to lock together and adjust to component movement, then you will probably have to wait until Revit MEP is out.

BWG
2005-07-27, 04:30 PM
Why not use the spline type line? - it's there under the pull-down menu on the options bar for Detail Lines.

You will have more control with this one if you are concerned about the components moving. It depends on how you want the lines to appear. Splines usually look more irregular and the control points are not along the line, but they are easily manipulated.

tect75
2005-07-27, 04:31 PM
of course y didnt i think of that. still learning this program (trial by fire.......and boy is it hot) anyway, thanks, sometimes looking and finding things is needle in haystack for me.

BWG
2005-07-27, 07:07 PM
of course y didnt i think of that. still learning this program (trial by fire.......and boy is it hot) anyway, thanks, sometimes looking and finding things is needle in haystack for me. god i wish we were provided training

Me too! I just figured some of this out over this week.

tect75
2005-07-27, 07:58 PM
i hear ya, i wish i had the time to actually sit down and learn this program. only a few (3) projects are in revit. otherwise we use cad (sorry bad word in this forum) anyway, thanks for the help. great to have this site. keeps my head glued on.

BWG
2005-07-27, 08:59 PM
i hear ya, i wish i had the time to actually sit down and learn this program. only a few (3) projects are in revit. otherwise we use cad (sorry bad word in this forum) one boss wants to make the jump. the other is quite happy as is. me = stuck in the middle. anyway, thanks for the help. great to have this site. keeps my head glued on.

I can't believe anyone would want to stick with CADD in its 2d theory. Even (ADT) is just CADD on steroids - being the model is in 3d. Revit is a totally new technology for architects - cutting edge. The other boss is just worried about the now and not the future. Is he/she the closet one to retirement?