PDA

View Full Version : Contoured Stepped Ceilings & Lighting

Roger Evans
2005-07-28, 04:07 AM
Trying to achieve a stepped curved ceiling with cut outs ~ Think stepped fins with main spots & wall washers to horiz ceiling & concealed uplighters above perimeter lip

So far I have made it up from walls & ceilings set at stepped levels & got the thing to display in 3D Line but lighting is a now bit of a problem

I need a variety of lighting spots to downlight / uplight / wall wash in pencil flood / & also vertical mounted tiltable

Lighting ideally needs to be in a variety of colours ~ I have done this using coloured lens but is this the best way? Would be good to easily show variety of coloured lighting options

Q1 How can I adjust beam of light to make narrow wall washers ?

Q2 How can I adjust tilt of light source ?

Q3 Uplighters / Side lighters ~ Not many recessed fittings available of the peg ~ Anyone?

As always grateful for any advice

Cheers

Roger

Andre Baros
2005-07-28, 05:05 PM
I've modeled the actual lights and reflectors where needed for such things. The light source is always at the center of the fixture and the housing and reflector rotate around that point. The results look good but grow the file.

Usually I make the lights generic so that they can go on a wall or a ceiling. For recessed lights you have to make seperate families for walls and ceilings.

Roger Evans
2005-07-28, 05:14 PM
Thank you I'm in the process of making them up ~ Haven't done lights like these for a year or so & it seems we have a lot more control built into the family than before ~ which helps a lot.

sbrown
2005-07-28, 07:25 PM
Make a material parameter for the lense solid that is by instance, then you can change the color easily of each light. Or by type if you only have a few colors.