PDA

View Full Version : Cutting a plan for multiple sheets.

archjake
2005-07-28, 05:34 PM
I need to cut a plan for a building that won't fit on one sheet. The problem is that the wing that I need to cut is at an angle, and we want it to remain at an angle on the next sheet.

If I use call outs, and try to hide an area with a white mask I have problems with annotations around the mask.

If I try to hide the area with a plan region with cuts above or below to try to hide elements, nothing works to hide everything, and stairs begin to show up from lower levels, etc.

How is everyone else handling this type of problem?

sbrown
2005-07-28, 07:19 PM
Not quite sure what your problems are, either a new floor plan with the crop region cropped down around the angled area or a callout should work fine, You need to re-annotate each view, but it shouldn't be a problem.

J. Grouchy
2005-07-28, 09:20 PM
You need to re-annotate each view, but it shouldn't be a problem.

duplicate with detailing...

or if you prefer, copy - filter - paste aligned to current view

SCShell
2005-07-29, 02:06 PM
Hey Jake,

Unfortunately, duplicating and cropping is the only way I know that really works. It is not great however and I don't actually do it until at the very end when it's time to print because I hate having two plans that don't associate with each other any longer with regard to notes and dimensions. So, I work on a plan, then when creating the sheets for printing, I just draw a match line, duplicate with detailing, re-label the view titles, and then crop each view as needed to fit on the sheet and still show the match line on both plans.
(When I go back to work on the project, I delete the duplicated plan and crop region and continue working on a single plan until it's time to print again....then do it all over.) Not very "Revit-ish", but it works.

Good luck and sorry I won't make the meeting next week. (so, don't share any really cool stuff until the Sept. meeting....lol)
Steve

kpaxton
2005-07-29, 03:01 PM
Jake,

I have to concur with everyone's suggestions. What I do is along the same line of thinking - I create and use a single 'master' plan that contains all of my noting, dimensions, matchlines, etc., then as grav8e says, use 'duplicate with detailing' and create 2 new plans and make modifications to 'fit' on the page. These plans are the ones that show up on the plot sheets.

When changes are made, make them in the master plan, wipe out the copies and make new copies and re-place on the sheets. A bit of a pain in the ***, but currently the simplest thing to do in Revit. (A Matchline box/tool would be a nice wishlist item).

You could of course always use larger sheets, say 36" x 48" (a Boat Sail, as we affectionately call it.) :shock:

Kyle
Senior Designer
The Evans Group, Inc.

mjlee
2005-07-29, 03:10 PM
Can someone please steer me in the right direction for learning how to plot a drawing on several sheets of paper. Our office is not equipped with a plotter (we seldom use large prints) but we have a sudden need for a larger print. Is is possible to plot a drawing on several sheets of legal paper? Any help would be appreciated. Apologies for jumping on this forum for my own question!

rodneyf
2005-07-29, 03:10 PM
Hey Kyle,
Get back to work! :-D

J. Grouchy
2005-07-29, 03:17 PM
I've posted an idea in the Wishlist forum...see what you think:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=23385