PDA

View Full Version : Window/Door tags...dumb question...

Kroke
2004-01-28, 09:00 PM
How do I assign a number to a tag and have the tags work up numerically from that number/letter?

beegee
2004-01-28, 09:41 PM
Just place the first window or door tag. Renumber it .. 1.01 or whatever. Subsequent tags will automatically number sequentially --- 1.02, 1.03. etc.

Kroke
2004-01-28, 09:51 PM
Huh, I must have an older family of window/door tags because they wouldn't do that for me. I'm using v.6.

One other question, I've seen it before but I don't know where the answer is...

I want to only show the ground level windows/doors on my ground level floor plan, so I split the Schedule and drag the Upper level info off of the sheet so it won't plot (to hide it from the ground level when plotting), but when I go to plot, it tries to center it up because my 'hidden' schedule is off my drawing sheet.

So, how do I hide part of the schedule that I don't want displayed? I have them separated by levels.

(It's true, this is my first window/door schedule so far, lol. We've been usually doing the schedules on site after the plans have been completed. I know, not a good idea, it's just the way it's always worked out so far on these projects) :roll:

beegee
2004-01-28, 10:04 PM
Huh, I must have an older family of window/door tags because they wouldn't do that for me. I'm using v.6.

Using v6 works fine for me. Change the very first tag you place, before placing others.

I want to only show the ground level windows/doors on my ground level floor plan, so I split the Schedule and drag the Upper level info off of the sheet so it won't plot (to hide it from the ground level when plotting), but when I go to plot, it tries to center it up because my 'hidden' schedule is off my drawing sheet.

So, how do I hide part of the schedule that I don't want displayed? I have them separated by levels.

Using 6.0, filter the schedule by level, to display only the ground level windows. Name that schedule Windows-Ground.
You can duplicate the schedule and rename, filter for other levels.
Place each schedule on the sheet as you want.

Kroke
2004-01-28, 10:19 PM
Aha! Thank you, new feature? Very nice, thank you for the info!