PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Grid exporting as color 10

Griff
2004-01-28, 11:48 PM
I just can't find out why, but my existing ceiling grid exports to ACAD as color 10. That wouldn't be so bad if I was able to change the color in ACAD, but the layer "A-CLNG-GRID" shows that it should be cyan (which is what I told it to be in my exportlayer-dwg-AIA.txt file). I try to change it to bylayer but the bylayer option in grayed out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find the color 10 being assigned to this object?

beegee
2004-01-29, 12:49 AM
In Revit, did you create/modify an Export Layers file by changing the colour id for the ceiling grids ?

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1292

Griff
2004-01-29, 01:25 PM
Thanks beegee for your help. I feel confident that most of my stress on this project will ease once I understand the exporting of all the views I can create in Revit, and I can just export a view and know that all the lineweights are going to show correctly for the Building Systems users.

AJ uploaded a copy of the exportlayers-dwg-AIA.txt file yesterday because I had overwritten my copy (rookie stuff). I modified that file and saved it to an "exist rcp" txt file. I have assigned every item with a color ID that I want it to show as in AutoCad. I have also modified the importlineweights-dwg.txt file to match the Revit lineweights to approx. the same lineweight I have assigned to the color ID in AutoCad.

I have tried to find help files and older posts that address this but so far I haven't had any luck. Thanks for your time

Griff
2004-01-29, 02:00 PM
I also notice that one of the ceiling grid moved in the export to AutoCad. I notice that Steve Stafford posted a known issue back in April of last year about this issue. I haven't found a fix for this problem unless maybe 6.0 fixes this.

Griff
2004-02-01, 03:29 AM
Both of these problems (ceiling displaying on color 10 and ceiling objects like lights and diffusers moving when exporting to autocad) can be a major problem when the other disiplines (Building Systems users) try using my files. Is there a fix for this? How about 6.0, will that fix the problem when my password gets her?