PDA

View Full Version : Floors: Floor material hatching direction

mark.couture66133
2005-07-29, 01:18 AM
Hey folks,

My floors show the wood flooring material going horizontal. How do I rotate the wood flooring hatching?

Thanks in advance.

iru69
2005-07-29, 01:27 AM
Draw a line in the direction that you want the pattern to run (such as perpendicular to the way it currently runs). Use the Align tool to align the pattern to the line you've drawn.

Rhythmick
2005-07-29, 03:31 AM
You can also rotate the pattern by using the "Tab" key with your cursor over the pattern untill it highlights a line in the pattern, select the line then use the rotate tool.

christopher.zoog51272
2005-07-29, 03:59 AM
Hey welcome Mark!

That goes for all model hatches, including walls, roof, etc.

-Z

mark.couture66133
2005-07-29, 04:57 PM
Hey Chris! and all,

In using the tab select option, it only selects the entire floor system, or in individual floor hatch line, but not all the hatching. So when rotating it wants to rotate the floor system and gives me all sorts of error messages about the constraints being removed from the walls.

I also tried the align tool... phff.. what the heck is that? I tried a million ways to Sunday and no luck.

Also, keep in mind folks (ducking..) I'm an ADT guru trying to learn this Revit stuff... baby steps... :D

sbrown
2005-07-29, 05:19 PM
Just tab on ONE line of the hatch, click, select rotate, type 90.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-07-29, 05:28 PM
Make sure that the pattern you are using is a 'model' pattern not a 'drafting' pattern. You can't rotate a drafting pattern.

bclarch
2005-07-29, 05:29 PM
Two possible sources of error.
1. The floor pattern needs to be a model pattern and not a drafting pattern. Model patterns are rotatable, drafting patterns are not. Check your material settings and verify that it is a model pattern.
2. If the floor is an in-place family vs. a system family the program tries to rotate the whole object. There is no resolution in this case that I know of.

mark.couture66133
2005-07-30, 01:20 PM
Perfect, It was a model pattern, so selecting just one line of the pattern and doing the rotate feature worked great.

Tab select.. good one to put in the books. Thanks all.

htbomb
2012-04-16, 07:37 PM
You can also rotate the pattern by using the "Tab" key with your cursor over the pattern untill it highlights a line in the pattern, select the line then use the rotate tool.

Thanks Mike!