PDA

View Full Version : Toolbar Image problem with Network Enterprise CUI

james.emoore
2005-07-29, 12:12 PM
I have copied the ADT.cui and ADT.MNR to a network location and renamed them to act as an Enterprise CUI file. I copied all the CUI and MNR files that existed in the support directory of my windows user profile (C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\AutodeskADT 2006\enu\Support). When I specify this menu to be my Enterprise CUI and another almost blank CUI as my "main" CUI, several of the toolbar images do not load (I hate clouds with question marks.:-x ) The images missing are on 3 toolbars: 1 ADT specific (Navigation) and 2 toolbars that are also in AutoCAD (Zoom and Standard).

Here are the tools that are missing their images

Navigation:
- Project Browser...
- Project Navigator Palette
- Content Browser
- Detail Component Manager...

Zoom:
- Arial View

Standard:
- Spelling (Very important for me personally:Oops: )
- Object Inspect
- Regenerate Model

The path of the enterprise CUI location is in my search path (at the top). I have not removed any of the other paths that are default at install. If I reset my CUI files in the options dialog box to the local ADT.cui, the images are fine. I have tried editing the tools in the Enterprise copy, but the images are not in the library to select.

Can someone explain to me how to get these images back?

RobertB
2005-07-30, 03:52 PM
Make sure the location of the enterprise version is on the search path.
Make the enterprise version the main for the next step.
Delete the enterprise's .mnr file.
Restart ADT.
The .mnr will recreate, hopefully with your missing icons.

james.emoore
2005-08-01, 11:33 AM
Recreating the .MNR file resulted in the same effect.

I (for some unknown reason) set the enterpise setting to the "ADT.CUI" file on the network instead of the copy that I had renamed and the icons then appeared. It would appear that the name of the CUI file needs to stay "ADT" for the images to work. This sounds a little quircky, but it would not be the most unusual thing I have seen in and AutoDesk product.

I'm modifying the copy of the ADT.CUI on the network to include our corporate standards and w'e're proceeding with pushing a profile with these settings to users on install.

Thanks for the suggestion.