PDA

View Full Version : Converting Line Types

studio3p
2004-01-29, 03:34 AM
Is there a way to convert model lines to detail lines? Specifically I have an imported detail from a manufacturer which comes in as model lines.

beegee
2004-01-29, 03:47 AM
Best way is trace (pick) over them with 2D lines, then select, filter out the model lines and delete them.

studio3p
2004-01-29, 04:45 AM
I was hoping to avoid the redrawing/tracing solution. I've decided instead to create Detail Component families in which I've imported, then exploded the dwg information. Then I'm loading the families into the project file and placing them as detail components. This seems to work reasonably well, and for my purposes is probably better than attempting to manage all of those lines within the project file.

aaronrumple
2004-01-29, 02:38 PM
I've been doing this as I convert existing front/side/top DWG blocks into Revit families. I import the DWG's into a detail comoponet family. Then save these as Plan/Front/Side. I then import these into the appropriate 3D family and place in the appropriate view. This gives me a 2 1/2D familiy. Layer I'll use this geometry to trace over and make my 3D objects. It has proven quick and simple.