PDA

View Full Version : setting building sections default to show 2 linked section heads

ken.marcus
2005-07-29, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the default building section type to use 2 linked section heads instead of the single section head. The goal is to eliminate the need to cycle though the different options on the tail to get the second linked section head.

I am able to create a new section tail that uses the section head so that it looks correct; however, the section head that comes in is not linked. The section head does fill in correctly once the section is placed on a sheet. However, you can only select the single section head to open the section. So if I want to select either section head, I still need to cycle though the options to get to the linked section head.

thanks,
Ken Marcus
Ideate, Inc.

Steve_Stafford
2005-07-29, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the default building section type to use 2 linked section heads instead of the single section head.
Elevations, Sections and Callouts are managed via SETTINGS > VIEW TAGS. You create a style that your views are assigned to. In these styles you decide what head and tail families are used.

See the attached images >

ken.marcus
2005-07-29, 10:05 PM
Steve,

thanks for the reply. Attached is a image of what I am trying to set as the default for the section head. When I use the same section head used in the head for the tail it does not work as a link to open the section. You still need to cycle though the tail options to get the section head that has the link to open the section.

Ken Marcus
Ideate, Inc.

Steve_Stafford
2005-07-29, 10:20 PM
...Attached is a image of what I am trying to set as the default for the section head. When I use the same section head used in the head for the tail it does not work as a link to open the section. You still need to cycle though the tail options to get the section head that has the link to open the section...
Looks like that is what it is limited to at this time...

ken.marcus
2005-07-29, 10:50 PM
thanks, that is what I was thinking but I was hoping that I was missing something. I guess I will though that into the wish list. It does seem pretty common place to show building sections with 2 sections heads. Just would be nice to have as the default

thanks,
Ken Marcus
Ideate, Inc.

JamesVan
2005-07-29, 11:25 PM
I was thinking that section marks behaved like grids. They have type settings for "Bubble at End 1 Default" and "Bubble at End 2 Default." Perhaps the section type settings can be enhanced to include similar parameters.

BWG
2005-07-30, 12:31 AM
thanks, that is what I was thinking but I was hoping that I was missing something. I guess I will though that into the wish list. It does seem pretty common place to show building sections with 2 sections heads. Just would be nice to have as the default

thanks,
Ken Marcus
Ideate, Inc.

Before Revit, our building sections got two heads and details only one. Too bad they could not take you to the section though. It would be nice to have this second head act as you say.