PDA

View Full Version : Stairs in RCP???

m_r_meza
2005-08-01, 06:19 PM
My stairs in reflected ceiling plans disappear. Well not really. They are there but are only outlined with a dashed line. I know the object styles tells them to use a dashed line or beyond cut line but what about the material inside the lines. In other words, why can't I see the bottom of the stairs that are above my cut plane?

SkiSouth
2005-08-01, 06:40 PM
Whats the view range set to?

m_r_meza
2005-08-01, 08:10 PM
Cut plane is at 8'6" Top plane is set at 11'0". I have tried changing these settings and not gotten the desired results.

The result I am trying to achieve is to see just the stairs beyond the cut plane from an under view and the dotted lines of the outline of the stairs that are below the cut plane.

archjake
2005-08-01, 10:20 PM
I can't get a stair to display anything but a dashed outline in a RCP Plan as well. It seems like we should have some amount of visibility control for this.

Maybe the coarse - Medium - Fine settings should control this in the future.

anthony.67953
2005-08-02, 01:32 PM
I get the same results here. I think it maybe a factory setting.

SkiSouth
2005-08-02, 02:17 PM
go to the RCP view, select view properties, visibility, model, stairs -select stairs, select stairs beyond cut line, change line style from by category to solid, change stringers beyond cut line the same way. Save as a view template and transfer to your project template file (for future use if you so desire)

anthony.67953
2005-08-02, 03:40 PM
Thanks Ski

We learn a little something new every day on this forum

m_r_meza
2005-08-02, 07:12 PM
That changed the line style, but it is not correct. I still cannot see a break line showing where the stairs are being cut and I still can see through the stairs to the ceiling of the second floor.
The solid lines should only be from the point where the cut plane is (that should be represented with a break line), and the other lines should remain dashed. Also the stairs should appear beyond the cut plane.

chasewinkel
2015-08-18, 04:18 PM
I am having the exact same problem and have tried everything listed here. Did anyone find a solution?

cliff collins
2015-08-18, 04:23 PM
http://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/25490-staircase-treads-floor-plans-ceiling-plans.html