PDA

View Full Version : Help XEROX Scanners?

intocad
2005-08-02, 12:48 AM
Hello-

Well the company I am working for currently spun off from another and we have been lucky enough to get some left behind hardware. Actually, really nice hardware. I have a Xerox Engineering system that consists of the following.

1 - A Digital Document System Control Panel (8825DDS)
2 - A 7346 Scanner
3 - A 8825 Printer

At this point, I am basically clueless to how to get this thing set up and actually work. The documentation that was at the other site is pretty useless. The people that used it are now gone to a different job all together.

The key feature my department would like to use this for is to scan drawings in and store electronically. But I have no clue as to where to start, so if you have any help/suggestions, PLEASE let me know.

I am going to try to contact Xerox somehow to see if I can get any support there.

Thanks!

John Martens

Mike.Perry
2005-08-02, 07:27 AM
Hi

Have you tried here - Xerox Online Support & Drivers (http://www.support.xerox.com/go/prodselect.asp?Xcntry=USA&metrics=HDR)

Have a good one, Mike

Ron Oldenbeuving
2005-08-02, 07:49 AM
Hello-

Well the company I am working for currently spun off from another and we have been lucky enough to get some left behind hardware. Actually, really nice hardware. I have a Xerox Engineering system that consists of the following.

1 - A Digital Document System Control Panel (8825DDS)
2 - A 7346 Scanner
3 - A 8825 Printer

At this point, I am basically clueless to how to get this thing set up and actually work. The documentation that was at the other site is pretty useless. The people that used it are now gone to a different job all together.

The key feature my department would like to use this for is to scan drawings in and store electronically. But I have no clue as to where to start, so if you have any help/suggestions, PLEASE let me know.

I am going to try to contact Xerox somehow to see if I can get any support there.

Thanks!

John Martens
G'day John, Try these links.

1. Xerox 8825 Digital Solution (http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/equipment/product_details.jsp?tab=Overview&prodID=xes_8825ds&search=true&Xcntry=USA&Xlang=en_US)
3. Xerox 8825 Printer (http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/equipment/product_details.jsp?tab=Overview&prodID=xes_8825&search=true&Xcntry=USA&Xlang=en_US)

Couldn't find anything on #2 as I believe it falls under the scope of 1. HTH

intocad
2005-08-02, 05:02 PM
THANKS for the replies!

Actually, I just got a phone call from one of the Xerox reps and he is setting up a demo/tutorial session for us (FREE!!!) to help get us going. I have to say I am impressed with the response time, given the fact that I submitted an email for help last night before I left and got a call already this morning.

Thanks again.

Kioti
2005-08-05, 03:37 PM
John,
I just recently replaced our Xerox document system with a KIP6000 printer and a KIP2200 Scanner.
The Xerox as you will discover are EXTREMELY high maintenance, which is probably why they were left behind.

For scanning and retrieving documents you will need AXCESS software, available from the Xerox web site. You will have to know the version number of your firmware load on your scanner and plotter, this can be printer out from the printer panel.
The firmware on the 8825 can only be upgraded to version 9.0 anything newer is not supported.
The firmware should allow you to scan documents to the PDF format for storage and archiving.

Good luck with the Xerox plotters

Mike Gregg