PDA

View Full Version : Topo Question

harkeychad
2005-08-02, 03:59 PM
I have attached 2 elevations, one with topo on and one with it off. I would love to see a sloping grade and hidden lines under for the foundation. I have the fdn walls as just walls named fdn walls. Am I to make them something else so I can turn them off? It is to late to go back so can I doctor them up? I really do not want to see the topo as well, just a thick grade line. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

SkiSouth
2005-08-02, 04:55 PM
change your fill material of the site topo to be "none" in section.
boost your cut section line weight of the topo (in the view styles change the cut pen weight of the topo)
Move the elevation mark to be as close as you can to the building (to accurately reflect the topo at the building base).

the building foundation lines will have to be detail lines that you add.

harkeychad
2005-08-02, 05:13 PM
I do not think I understand what you are saying about changing your fill material of the site to be "none" in section. I put my elevation mark as close as I can. Now I go to that elevation and I clicked on the topo and see materials and finishes which is grass right now. Is this where you mean? I tried to type in none and that does not work. I think I am missing what you are trying to say.

SkiSouth
2005-08-02, 05:30 PM
Sorry. From the main pull down. Settings->Site Settings ->Cut Fill Material -> no material.

harkeychad
2005-08-02, 05:43 PM
That worked. Thanks.

Allen Lacy
2005-08-02, 05:48 PM
change your fill material of the site topo to be "none" in section.
boost your cut section line weight of the topo (in the view styles change the cut pen weight of the topo)
Move the elevation mark to be as close as you can to the building (to accurately reflect the topo at the building base).

the building foundation lines will have to be detail lines that you add. You can temporaryily hide the topo and use linework tool to change edges of foundation to hidden lines, then reset the topo visibility, and the foundation will show. This way if you need to move a foundation wall or footing, the lines will move as well.