PDA

View Full Version : Log walls, Archtop widows

victor.91174
2005-08-02, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I am new to this site and look forward to learning from the rest of the REVIT users here.

Is there a way to create a wall system for real log construction? I am designing a log home with hand-cut logs (not a built from kit).

Also, where can I find some Pella or Andersen archtop or circlehead style windows to download? The doublehung and casement styles are available but I have not yet found any of their specialty windows.

Thank you.

Vic

eddy.lermytte
2005-08-02, 07:20 PM
I am sure logs can be done in Revit.
I am going to take a look in my library of Revit files. Maybe I find something helpfull.

eddy.lermytte
2005-08-02, 07:27 PM
Is this what you are looking for ?
Its a test project done by someone of the Revit team.

victor.91174
2005-08-02, 08:07 PM
Eddy,

Thank you very much. I think I can work with that wall system. I will to try to figure out if I can make the logs alternat (interlock) when one wall crosses another wall.

This was a great help!

Vic

Rhythmick
2005-08-03, 05:54 AM
Couldn't resist toying with this a bit, Created another wall style with full log starter by duplicating the 1/2 log starter, changing the profile on the starter sweep to full log then moving the sweeps up 4" on the rest. It's giving me some warnings that can be ignored. The log corner extensions are controlled by dragging the log sweep ends. The log sweeps around windows and doors are going to need some work to fill in where the sweeps get a full vertical cut at the header and sill by the openings where you may only need a horizontal portion cut out.

I tried to sculpt the corner log sweep extensions with a void but it would not make the cut, anyone know why?

sbrown
2005-08-03, 02:07 PM
I've been thinking about curtain wall system and logs. Create a wall system with the log height specified, then create a panel family with the log profiles and chinking(sp), then you would very easily be able to create a log building. Then use the curtain grid tool to create the openings for windows which infill walls could be placed.