PDA

View Full Version : baluster problem

Alex Page
2005-08-03, 12:41 AM
Haveing difficulties making these balusters work....first time Ive used them for something a little tricky....probs:
1. balusters not going down to landing
2. At the floor levels, they are not high/ low enough, they seem to stop at the last tread
3. At the treads, I cant get them in a consistant position on each tread

Could some enlightened person please help me out...
Cheers

Alex Page
2005-08-03, 08:52 PM
Im really struggling here...sorted out the baluster placement on the treads by tweaking etc etc (ie: not sure how!), but at the floor levels, the railing is still too low and too high...any suggestions?

mlgatzke
2005-08-03, 09:52 PM
I've found, unfortunately, that sometimes you have to just delete the stair and recreate it again. Especially if you've done quite a bit of tweaking of the properties after the stair has been created. Recreating the stair seems to completely eliminate any of these anomalies for me.

Alex Page
2005-08-03, 09:58 PM
tried already...Ill try again

Alex Page
2005-08-03, 11:02 PM
tried again from scratch...its sort of OK...but not if I need closeups (ie This will be a reception area, so I plan on doing good quality renderings)

Doing it again changed it, so is this as good as I can do?

hand471037
2005-08-04, 12:05 AM
Alex, I think your sketch might be off. Try adding some breaks in the sketch line where you want the Handrail to change (i.e. at the base of the stairs and such) using the 'Split' tool. I've found that adding breaks exactly where I want the handrail to change has helped a great deal.

Also sometimes I just use more than one handrail.

Also make certain that the handrail is properly over the stair, and that it's parameters have been set correctly, so that it know to go to the tread instead of a stringer that's not there...