PDA

View Full Version : Revit Detail Challenge

Scott D Davis
2004-01-30, 12:37 AM
In the latest AugiWorld magazine, there is an article about "The CAD Manager" which talks about the 'old ways' of producing drawings by hand with templates, zip-a-tone, scales, and hand shading!

Well, at the end of the article, David Harrinton challenges us to send him our 'best-looking single detail.' He is looking to 'publish' the winning detail hoping that the winner is 'a work of art' as drafting and detailing used to be. He wants us to prove that the computer can produce 'artistic' drawings as the old hand drawings used to be.

Here's the catch: The detail is supposed to be 100% AutoCAD. I've seen some of the details that people have posted here from Revit, and I think some of them look incredible! Why couldn't we produce a detail in Revit, export it to DWG, and submit it? This would be a great chance for us to prove what a great detailer Revit is!

If you are up to the challenge, look at the latest AugiWorld for submittal info. If you don't get AugiWorld, let me know and I can post the requirements and where to send details!

beegee
2004-01-30, 12:45 AM
Must it be a real project detail ... or can we invent something that looks good ? ( spoken as an architect :shock: )

Then again, ... how would they know....

Scott D Davis
2004-01-30, 12:57 AM
Doesn't say it has to be 'real', but like you said, how would they know? There are three catagories: Architectural, Engineering, and Mechanical.