PDA

View Full Version : Adding/showing a driveway to my 3D topo surface?

jtanderson
2004-01-30, 11:44 PM
This may seem like a stupid question, but we haven't been able to send me to the class yet... :oops: And I'm sure it's covered there...

How do I input a driveway to my 3D Topo, and have it show in plan and 3D view?

Any help would be great...!!!

Self teaching myself over here...

Also... Is there a good place to look for courseware books for Revit...???

beegee
2004-01-30, 11:53 PM
You can split the topo surface and then change the material to your driveway surface ... concrete, asphalt or wahtever.

This will show in the 3D , but not in the plan, since topo does not show in plan. To get the driveway to show in the plan, add 2d or model lines.

The best courseware books IMHO are Cyril Verley's.

jtanderson
2004-01-31, 12:17 AM
Thanks beegee...

Greatly appreciated...

On the courseware...

I have the Intro corseware for Revit 5.1 by Cyril Verley, is there better books by Verley that I should look into...??? It only give me so much info...

Thanks again for your time....

J.T.

beegee
2004-01-31, 12:26 AM
The advanced Courseware for Revit _ Commercial is available. Its written for 5.1.

The Residential courseware is due to be released soon, but may be delayed if they update it for 6.0 first.

Steve_Stafford
2004-01-31, 03:32 AM
Having just been taught everything Cyril knows this week or at least everything in his first book :D (our firm hired him to conduct our training of 22 folks this week with excellent results. He's set to return soon to follow up with advanced training based on the commercial book)

I can tell you that he has the update to 6.0 for the first book well underway, about half done, we used it for days 1-3. He also said that the residential book will be finished very soon (2-4 weeks, my words not his) and the commercial revisions for 6 will begin then. Hope that helps, perhaps he'll catch this thread when he returns home and provide an update.

jtanderson
2004-02-18, 10:05 PM
Thank for the information! Where should I be looking to buy the book from? If I have just keep checking on Amozon I will, but if he's has a web site that I can look for it on that would be ideal!

Again, Thanks again for the info!

J.T.

Having just been taught everything Cyril knows this week or at least everything in his first book :D (our firm hired him to conduct our training of 22 folks this week with excellent results. He's set to return soon to follow up with advanced training based on the commercial book)

I can tell you that he has the update to 6.0 for the first book well underway, about half done, we used it for days 1-3. He also said that the residential book will be finished very soon (2-4 weeks, my words not his) and the commercial revisions for 6 will begin then. Hope that helps, perhaps he'll catch this thread when he returns home and provide an update.

beegee
2004-02-19, 12:47 AM
Here's the link (www.cdvsystems.com/courseware.asp) to CDV Courseware.