PDA

View Full Version : plot plans

tect75
2005-08-05, 02:50 PM
im trying to get a site plan into revit. using the table to input the bearings and distances i can get the straight lines in correctly. however i cant get my arcs lined up right. when inputting arc info how does one do that. i pick arc but i still get a bearing, distance, n or s, etc. all i have for my arcs is a length and radius. also at the end wat does the l/r column mean
thanks

BWG
2005-08-05, 02:59 PM
im trying to get a site plan into revit. using the table to input the bearings and distances i can get the straight lines in correctly. however i cant get my arcs lined up right. when inputting arc info how does one do that. i pick arc but i still get a bearing, distance, n or s, etc. all i have for my arcs is a length and radius. also at the end wat does the l/r column mean
thanks

You need the arc chord bearing and distance for the table input, otherwise, try sketching the site plan. We bring in the autocad files from the surveyors and sketch over them usually. It works well and once you figure out how revit deals with project north and true north, it is much easier to work with.

wildcat_714
2005-08-05, 03:03 PM
If there is only one arc, save that for last, have it close and just make sure the radius is correct, other wise you would need to figure out what the bearing would be if the arc were a straight line. The L/R denotes what side the arc is on. IE if its concave or convex. That help at all?

tect75
2005-08-05, 03:37 PM
thanks guys,

acutally have 2 arcs. pita. anyway, drew it in cad and imported it. working so far. now onto creating the topo. what fun. someday i may actually come to love this program.