PDA

View Full Version : Relative vs. Actual elevation

patricks
2005-08-05, 05:17 PM
Is there a way to define the finished floor level with a real world elevation? Or do I have to actually move all of my model elements and views up 300+ feet?

I would like my elevations and everything to show relative height (above finished floor, finished floor being 0 feet), but for site, I need actual elevation for creating the toposurface, as the survey has actual spot elevations on it. Ideas?

christopher.zoog51272
2005-08-05, 05:23 PM
Is there a way to define the finished floor level with a real world elevation? Or do I have to actually move all of my model elements and views up 300+ feet?

I would like my elevations and everything to show relative height (above finished floor, finished floor being 0 feet), but for site, I need actual elevation for creating the toposurface, as the survey has actual spot elevations on it. Ideas?
It's already built into revit. You can set levels to be realtive to the project to shared coordinates. Take a look at the elevation base paramter in the level type dialouge. Also look into "relocate this project" under Settings | Locations and Coordinates ...

-Z

bclarch
2005-08-05, 05:33 PM
There was a thread on this very subject last week with further details. It should be easy to find with a quick search.