PDA

View Full Version : Working with Existing and New Grids

tstine
2005-08-05, 06:34 PM
Our project is an addition to an existing building. We have created two worksets, one titled "Existing Shared Levels and Grids" and one titled "New Shared Levels and Grids". I would like the existing levels and grids to appear in the views and in our plots as a half-tone. How do I alter the line weights for grids and grid bubbles?

beegee
2005-08-05, 11:30 PM
Place a grid, edit - duplicate change type parameters for line colour , weight and pattern. You can change the grid circle diameter, or load in different grid heads ( annotations family ) , but you can't mess with the grid head colour - it's system set to black.

wjspence
2005-08-06, 12:49 AM
I am not a Revit user (yet) but I think you could make the grid for existing, export to AutoCAD, then import or reference it back in. One of the options, I think, for AutoCAD files brought in to Revit is to have them grayed out. Am I on the right track here?

beegee
2005-08-06, 01:08 AM
You can certainly have an imported dwg file appear in half tone, but the grid line is not a Revit element and will not appear in other views ( elevations, sections etc ) so it's usefulness is limited.

aaronrumple
2005-08-06, 05:18 AM
Hummm. Never thought of it before but the grids should probably respect the phase they were created in.

Steve_Stafford
2005-08-06, 05:33 AM
Hummm. Never thought of it before but the grids should probably respect the phase they were created in.That's what Ima thinkin...

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-06, 07:40 AM
Place a grid, edit - duplicate change type parameters for line colour , weight and pattern. You can change the grid circle diameter, or load in different grid heads ( annotations family ) , but you can't mess with the grid head colour - it's system set to black.Duuuude... sure you can -- just edit it in Object Styles. Unless I'm missing something?

Grids *are* phaseless. Huh. Never been a problem yet -- guess it could be tho. You'd have to use worksets to control phased grids I guess... and different grid styles if you wanted...

beegee
2005-08-06, 10:12 PM
Duuuude... sure you can -- just edit it in Object Styles. Unless I'm missing something?

>>>...
Just me missing something, thanks Wes.

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-06, 11:00 PM
It's ok -- how many times has the AUGI clan filled me in too? ;-)