PDA

View Full Version : Moving an entire multilevel building

bhinze35700
2005-08-08, 09:54 AM
I need to move an entire building of 7 levels (including room tags etc), 1m within a project of multiple buildings.
I am scared that when I move the modelled elements, the drafting elements like room tags, room separations lines, GROUPS etc will not respond correctly.
Has anyone moved an entire building successfully before, and are there any tips I should know before attempting it?

thanks
brett

jbalding48677
2005-08-08, 12:10 PM
You might look at this thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=7259&highlight=mirror)for some insight.

OR BETTER YET

Read up on Relocating Project

HTH -

Martin P
2005-08-08, 12:17 PM
I am not sure how your model is set up. But it sounds as though you would want to split it up a bit and use linked revit models to me?

do you have all the buildings modelled in one file? - if so you should look into linked files, it would not be at all hard to convert something done like this into multiple files and link them all together - just save out multiple copies of the original, and in each one delete and purge all apart from the bits you want to link, then link the separate files up....

If you are already using linked files, you have no problems - read up as JB has suggested on relocating projects...

I have in the past done things like move the SITE and leave the building where it is!! saves any messy situations - dont know if you could try that??

If you have to move the building - the best thing Is to select absolutely everything in 3D - move with disjoin - then in all your views switch the visibility settings to not display the model, and move all the detail stuff as required.....Not often without problems, but probably not as bad as you think it will be.