PDA

View Full Version : Revit on Mac

yuthana
2005-08-09, 03:16 PM
Hi all I need to know about Revit can run on Mac ?
Please tell me to in my country it not have.....

sfaust
2005-08-09, 03:58 PM
Revit is not currently supported for Mac.

Matt Brennan
2005-08-09, 04:27 PM
I also don’t think Autodesk has any intentions of putting it on a Mac platform. But your not the first ask this questions. A lot of people have been asking & even requesting it but for the time being, it only runs on the pc.

felix.81253
2005-08-09, 05:57 PM
Autodesk conducted some inquiry about two years ago concerning AutoCAD on Mac platform.
I do not know what came out of this and I would be surprised to see something of this kind "in the pipe" for Revit (as much as I would like to see it ).
I dare to suggest, they should throw their workforce in first to straighten out all those little kinks, that are keeping this forum so valuable.
Nevertheless, it would be interesting to hear about someones experiences with running "Virtual PC" and if and how Revit 8 is working this way on Macs.

Thanks,

Felix

davidwlight
2005-08-09, 09:12 PM
I've asked this same question a number of times to Autodesk people & I always get the same answer, which is "no". This seems strange, look at Vectorworks, Archicad, Sketchup, piranesi...they run on both mac & pc. However, there may be light at the end of the tunnel, with Apple deciding to move to a Intel based platform. This could mean dual booting Mac's that may be capable of booting either into OSX or Windows. Which mean you could run Revit on a Mac, all be it in a Windows environment.

hand471037
2005-08-09, 09:30 PM
Which mean you could run Revit on a Mac, all be it in a Windows environment.

It also opens up the possibility of running Revit within OS X, actually.

Because the processor is the same under the hood, it opens up some interesting possibilities.

Within Linux there are things like Wine and Cygwin that show a hint of what someone might be able to do with the new Intel-based Macs. It's going to be a few interesting years indeed.