PDA

View Full Version : Phased Area Plans

Eric Stewart
2004-02-02, 12:52 PM
Two subjects I dont do much of. Area Plans and Phasing. I need 3 area plans. Each in one of 3 phases. I now have 2 area plans created. I have my 3 phases created. My area boundries do not seem to be affected by phases though. I am doing something wrong? Any pointers?

aggockel50321
2004-02-02, 01:18 PM
It's the area tag, I believe, that is phase dependent.

When you set up a view to use as your area plan, if you set it's phase filter to "show complete" & then create the area plan, it should give you the correct boundries.

Eric Stewart
2004-02-02, 01:54 PM
So I set up my Floor Plan phase filter to "Show All" I created my Area Plans. The boundry lines are model lines so they appear identical in all area plans. My area tags do not have a prameter for phase.

Anything else?

aggockel50321
2004-02-02, 02:47 PM
Yes, I seemed to have mispoke. I tried what you asked, & it seems area plans aren't phase dependent. Just room #s have changed in 6.0

For the example you describe, use room tags, they are.

aggockel50321
2004-02-02, 04:42 PM
I mispoke on top of my mispoke.

Beegee found a way to make area plans phase dependent.

Check this thread.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2398

sbrown
2006-10-18, 02:28 PM
anyone have this link/ post now that zoog is gone?

luigi
2006-10-18, 04:49 PM
Two subjects I dont do much of. Area Plans and Phasing. I need 3 area plans. Each in one of 3 phases. I now have 2 area plans created. I have my 3 phases created. My area boundries do not seem to be affected by phases though. I am doing something wrong? Any pointers?
I will check in a few minutes...but as you pointed out the area boundary lines aren't affected by the phasing...

What you will have to do is create different area schemes for each phase. So you will have Area Scheme Phase 1 thru 3.

Now, as you set up the phasing for each area scheme view, the phasing will affect only the geometry, or objects (i.e. walls, furniture, ceilings, etc.), so that you can create the area boundaries apropriately...

Did I explain it clearly?

in short, create an area scheme for each phase...use those 3 area schemes for each floor....So you will have the 2 that come standard (Gross and Rentable) plus the 3 for each phase....makes sense?

luigi
2006-10-18, 04:50 PM
So I set up my Floor Plan phase filter to "Show All" I created my Area Plans. The boundry lines are model lines so they appear identical in all area plans. My area tags do not have a prameter for phase.

Anything else?
Correct, the Area tag is dependent on the boundary lines in that particular view...so no phasing for the boundary, area tag isn't affected...read my post below...