PDA

View Full Version : Auditorium interior

withaz
2004-02-02, 03:04 PM
Here are a couple rendering I did recently for Western Michigan University. They are adding a new orchestra shell to an existing auditorium. Comments are welcome.

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-02, 04:59 PM
Very nice! Only missing the downlighting cans in the overhead shell panels. You can use my curtain families I posted awhile back if you care too...at least for the Main Valance and Main Travelers... :D

withaz
2004-02-03, 12:54 PM
The downlights in the shell are not visible by design. They are above and between the ceiling clouds, shining through the gaps.

Where could I find the curtain families you posted? I would very much like to take a look at them.

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-03, 01:50 PM
HERE (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2107)

The families I posted are made up of batten and curtain for borders and batten, track and curtain for travelers. Adjusting the panel count will alter the curtain width while adjusting the set or batten width will only change the pipe/track length. They are often independant of each other so I built them that way. Refer to my comments in the Family Types dialog.

The curtain panels use array'd blends and can hog your memory so keep that in mind. I used worksets on the project I made them for so I could turn them off in every view but the ones I needed them in.

Often border light rows between ceiling panels are not "enough" light or at least not enough in the "right" places and integral cans are built into panels, pretty common anyway.

sales1894
2004-03-18, 01:56 AM
How did you do the panels on your auditorium?

It would really help me :)

withaz
2004-03-18, 04:30 PM
I made a generic family that has parametric values for the width, height, and material. Looking back, I probably should have made it a generic wall based family.

I have attached the file for your use. Modify it if you like. It's a pretty simple structure.

sales1894
2004-03-18, 07:54 PM
TYVM!!!

Greg Vernon

sales1894
2004-03-19, 01:52 PM
The good: I got it burned on a cd and took it to school.

The bad: we are only using revit 5, and it says it was designed in a later version of revit

the ugly: we wont have a later version of revit this year...

So, anyone have any suggesstions for this?

Greg Vernon

brentcarlson892079
2004-03-19, 10:22 PM
So, anyone have any suggesstions for this?

Greg Vernon

Here ya go... you can just make it from these screenshots. :wink:

sales1894
2004-03-25, 04:07 PM
Thought I responed :oops:
Thank you!