PDA

View Full Version : Creating Cabinet Dynamic Block

roger_page
2005-08-11, 04:15 AM
I am trying to learn how these dynamic blocks work and may have taken on something a little to complicated for my first attempt. I have looked at the white pages and done the ATP course on this topic.

I want to create a dynamic cabinet (elevation) block that I can stretch to different heights and widths. When I stretch the height I would like the shelf and hinge point to remain in the middle regardless of the height. Where it starts to get a lot more tricky is when I stretch the width of the cabinet. What I would like to have happen is when it is stretched to a certain point (say 19") it would copy it's self and mirror the second potion (showing to doors that are the mirror image of the original). See the attached drawing containing what I have started. Is this a possible task? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

lee_ambrosius
2005-08-11, 12:46 PM
Attached is a revised copy of the block that should fix the hinge problem you were having. I will have to think a little bit on the second door though. One thing you might want to consider is using a visibility state to control the use of 1 or 2 doors.

roger_page
2005-08-12, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the help. Do you think I could somehow accomplish this using the flip action. It would be similar to the example of table and chairs. When you stretch it to a certain point it would add an additional chair (in my case it would add an additional swing and pull). I could then possibly associate a flip parameter/ action to the swing and pull.

dhurtubise
2005-08-14, 12:59 PM
You need an array parameter, set the space to every 19"

Steve_Bennett
2006-11-21, 12:34 AM
Do the dyn block wizards know if a block like this was ever posted in a final version? I would like to avoid the use of a visibility state if possible.

Chris.N
2006-11-21, 01:01 AM
Do the dyn block wizards know if a block like this was ever posted in a final version? I would like to avoid the use of a visibility state if possible.Didja check the 'List'? check out the CCN cabinet mods (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=330264#post330264)....

Steve_Bennett
2006-11-21, 04:33 AM
Didja check the 'List'? check out the CCN cabinet mods (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=330264#post330264)....Which of those awesome blocks goes from single hung to double by increasing the width?

Chris.N
2006-11-21, 02:48 PM
Which of those awesome blocks goes from single hung to double by increasing the width?none of them. i didn't have THAT much time to make those! ;)

Steve_Bennett
2006-11-21, 05:24 PM
none of them. i didn't have THAT much time to make those! ;)Thanks, I just had an idea on how to do this. I won't get to try it until after AU though. :-(

Chris.N
2006-11-21, 08:29 PM
Thanks, I just had an idea on how to do this. I won't get to try it until after AU though. :-(wanna discuss at AU? i had an idea too. ;)

Steve_Bennett
2006-11-21, 09:06 PM
wanna discuss at AU? i had an idea too. ;)Sure. Over a beer or 3... :-)

Chris.N
2006-11-22, 01:26 AM
Sure. Over a beer or 3... :-)deal!! ~hic!~

Rico
2006-11-22, 02:27 PM
I am trying to learn how these dynamic blocks work and may have taken on something a little to complicated for my first attempt. I have looked at the white pages and done the ATP course on this topic.

I want to create a dynamic cabinet (elevation) block that I can stretch to different heights and widths. When I stretch the height I would like the shelf and hinge point to remain in the middle regardless of the height. Where it starts to get a lot more tricky is when I stretch the width of the cabinet. What I would like to have happen is when it is stretched to a certain point (say 19") it would copy it's self and mirror the second potion (showing to doors that are the mirror image of the original). See the attached drawing containing what I have started. Is this a possible task? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Roger.

As it seems it's already been answered, this post may be moot, however, I wanted to toss my 2 cents into the thoguth pool. Here is something quick I whipped up for ya. Nothing special, just plain jane. stretch, array and a flip to go along with your original requests ... I'm sure you could modify it to a manner that is more in line with what you're looking for but this is an OK starting point I guess. And, as the other people here said, you can always check the CCN Cabinet Mods block that was posted earlier by Chris.

Chris.N
2006-11-22, 03:06 PM
Hi Roger.

As it seems it's already been answered, this post may be moot, however, I wanted to toss my 2 cents into the thoguth pool. Here is something quick I whipped up for ya. Nothing special, just plain jane. stretch, array and a flip to go along with your original requests ... I'm sure you could modify it to a manner that is more in line with what you're looking for but this is an OK starting point I guess. And, as the other people here said, you can always check the CCN Cabinet Mods block that was posted earlier by Chris.hehehe... didja notice the date of the original post Rico? i think this is the guy who got us started on the cabinet trail in the first place! ;)
:beer:

Rico
2006-11-22, 03:10 PM
hehehe... didja notice the date of the original post Rico? i think this is the guy who got us started on the cabinet trail in the first place! ;)
:beer:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

:lol:

SO I guess I'm a little late on my answer .....

Chris.N
2006-11-22, 06:21 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

:lol:

SO I guess I'm a little late on my answer .....justa weeeeee bit! :p
:beer: 4u anyway...