PDA

View Full Version : ODBC & Structural Data

ajayholland
2004-02-02, 08:00 PM
I’ve been exploring Revit’s ODBC export after our construction department expressed some interest in these capabilities. It was fairly easy to turn out some basic reports listing the walls, ceilings, structural columns and structural framing from a current Revit 6.0 project.

My exported data did not include all the parameters of the structural steel sections, so after trying shared parameters, I discovered that I could import the type catalogue text file as a table in my new database, eliminating the need for the duplicate parameters, and the manual entry of the info for each type I used. I linked the exported data by type name to the unit weight in the tables to calculate of the gross weight of all the structural steel in each category.

Coincidentally, I’ve been exploring Design Options to maintain an existing design while exploring some alternative structural design solutions. Although each component has a design option parameter (main model; option 1; option 2) this information does not appear in the exported data tables. After testing, it appears that the data exported includes only the main model and the primary design option.

I’ve attached an Access file containing the imported structural data tables, for anyone’s use.

-AJH