PDA

View Full Version : Baluster Materail Definition

trent59822
2003-05-19, 02:22 PM
I have been having a really difficult time defining the materials for balusters. I've edited the material in baluster family, but after I reload, it never shows the material I want. I am assuming it's a bug. Has anybody had any experience with this or has it worked for every body else?

Trent

jkendsersky
2003-05-24, 02:16 AM
Trent,

First I would open the family file of the baluster and select on the modeled geometry and go to properties. Does material say by category or material (param)? This will make a difference after loading family into the project, as far as how materials are changed / edited. If material (param) is set, with the use of material parameters each baluster type can have different rendering attributes. The way that the materials are changed; after loading the family into the project, go to the properties of the baluster type within the project browser.

When selecting by category (within the family file) for materials, this will use whatever material is set within the object styles within the project.

You may want to refer to: within AutoDesk Revit select help / tutorials / the family editor / adding material parameters to families.

I hope this helps.

Joe