PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8.1 Lic

sohocad
2005-08-14, 11:27 PM
Is the lic. for 8.1 the same for 8?

beegee
2005-08-15, 12:39 AM
Yes. 8.1 is a point release, so if you have 8.0, you are entitled to 8.1 and any other point releases in 8.x .

sohocad
2005-08-15, 12:59 AM
this is the responsed from AP

"Under your contract you are entitled to version 8 and not 8.1 Please check and revert"

and I am subscribe to 2008...work that out?

brett05
2005-08-15, 01:05 AM
This is what I got when trying to register 8.1 using my 8.0 serial number ----->

"You entered a serial number or group ID (subscription customers only) that is not valid. Review the number that you entered when you installed your product.

If you verified that the serial number/group ID you entered is incorrect, click Close to exit Registration-Activation. Then, uninstall the product and reinstall it using the correct serial number/group ID.

Note: If your product does not require reinstallation, exit Register Today, and then re-enter your serial number.

If you verified that the serial number/group ID is correct, click one of the following links.

Use another method.
Contact Autodesk

Note: If you are a subscription customer, you must install your software using your group ID. Do not use the product serial number. Both the serial number and the group ID appear on your product packaging.

You can also obtain an activation code from your Autodesk Authorized Reseller or by visiting:
https://register.autodesk.com"

sohocad
2005-08-15, 01:20 AM
Just got this email from AP

"Dear Sir

Revit Series 8 is the latest version.

Regards
Serena
ap.register@activation.autodesk.com"

Parkinson
2005-08-15, 03:24 AM
I have already put a good day's work into a project I have converted to 8.1.

Are we in danger if we start converting all our projects to 8.1 only to find at the end of the 30 day trial period that we cannot work on them any more because we are not entitled to register the product? Remember there's no turning back to a previous version.

Some advice from someone in the know would be really good right now, i'm starting to get a bit worried.

Marty

beegee
2005-08-15, 03:26 AM
Revit Series & Revit Building require different licences.

sohocad
2005-08-15, 03:59 AM
here is answer which mean Yes...we are #$@%#!!!

"Dear Sir

According to our Subscription team, Revit Series 8 is the latest version for Apac region.

Regards
Serena "

I have converted one of my project over...too!!!!

Parkinson
2005-08-15, 04:39 AM
Soho you forgot the * at the end of your expletive.

..."Stop Press".. I just got a call from my Reseller and he confirmed from Singapore that 8.1 is yet to be officially released in the Asia Pacific region. So we in this area might be wise to stick to 8.0 for the time being. He suggested with the project I have worked on in 8.1 that I try to finish it within 30 days (this'll be a challenge; 30 storey tower). Here's hoping official release comes before end 30 day trial.

Marty

ita
2005-08-15, 05:59 AM
Which comes back to the email that I received when applying for beta testing . . . saying the release was US only!! I am still not convinced that ADesk has changed its policy, despite the enthusiastic responses to the contrary!! ADesk does not tell its people to warn off non US testers without a reason.

ADesk needs to release a statement that clearly annunciates its policy position - if only to ensure that others like Parkinson and Mr Spot are not being enticed into an untenable position. The lack of any response to this issue from ADesk lacks integrity..

sohocad
2005-08-15, 06:17 AM
at least we know where we stand with the US.

ita
2005-08-15, 06:31 AM
Sohocad . . so much for the rules to the free trade agreement - wherein this sort of thing just should not happen (apparently). Do you feel that Adesk has heard about it (the FTA), or. . . despite John Howard's (usual) assurances to the contrary . . . that US companies will just flaunt the agreement to suit their own purposes as I always suspected!!

essdubbya
2005-08-15, 06:47 AM
Not Happy John!!!

iru69
2005-08-15, 06:48 AM
I just find it mind-boggling that Autodesk continues to shoot itself in the foot time and time again. They as a company consistently create bad feelings among their users, resellers, and the software community. I for one, wouldn't have minded waiting a few more days for a world-wide release - we're a community, and it isn't right that some of us get the new toys now and some of you have to wait. Is it technical issues? Company politics? Incompetence? We're left to speculate because Autodesk always waits longer than necessary to set the record straight.

Roger Evans
2005-08-15, 08:34 AM
I have a similar opinion & whilst Autocad are more than happy for people outside of USA to participate in Beta tests they don't seem to acknowledge their own shortcomings & don't seem interested in reward or support for their own loyal customers.
Yes they continue to shoot themselves in the foot but that will only have some consequence when they feel the pain of the wound.
I would suggest that a boycott of Beta tests outside of USA may start to get the message across.

rhys
2005-08-15, 09:46 AM
Well the 8.1 release notes say nothing about this being a US Canada release only and in fact give contact numbers for Europe and Middle East and APacific.
So who knows whats going on - usual ADesk confusion and lack of clarity.
"READ THIS FIRST – AUTODESK REVIT BUILDING 8.1

Customers without Internet access: You may both register and obtain your license file for
network licensing or authorization code for standalone – locked licenses by using the
following numbers to contact the Autodesk Registration and Authorization office.
United States, Canada, and Latin America
Fax: 800-225-6490 or 415-507-4937
Phone: 800-551-1490 or 415-507-4690
Asia Pacific
Fax: +65-6735-4857
Email: ap.register@autodesk.com
Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Fax: +41-32-723-9169
Email: authcodes.neu@autodesk.com "

GuyR
2005-08-15, 10:12 AM
You've got to feel for the development team. It's a shame this issue is overshadowing what is one of the best point releases we've seen from the factory.

For those that have started projects in 8.1, hassle the resellers. They should be able to get temporary licenses for you.

Guy

rhys
2005-08-15, 10:23 AM
I'm sure that as always the factory has done a great job. I expect resellers will be in the dark too. One of mine thinks 8.1 will be released at the end of the month. Either way as a subscription customer, (one of the benifits is supposed to be participation in beta programs and the early enjoyment of point releases ) I am not amused.

GuyR
2005-08-15, 09:26 PM
I am not amused.

It's not really Autodesks fault. The problem would be solved if USA joined the rest of the world and went metric ;-)

One release for all....

Guy

sultarc
2005-08-16, 12:30 AM
I'll just hold off loading mine until everyone has it. I've downloaded but it sits idle for now.

GuyR
2005-08-16, 12:33 AM
I'll just hold off loading mine until everyone has it. I've downloaded but it sits idle for now.

You can get a license file in America. There is no reason to hold off using it. And there are some cool new features.

Guy

beegee
2005-08-16, 12:39 AM
Please read Scott Davis's post in THIS THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=169944#post169944).

>>. There is no reason to hold off using it. >>.

Guy

iru69
2005-08-16, 12:40 AM
You can get a license file in America. There is no reason to hold off using it. And there are some cool new features.
I think he understands that... I think it was said in the spirit of "one for all, and all for one"...