PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise vs Individual

dhurtubise
2005-08-15, 01:49 AM
When adding an enterprise CUI that is a copy of a standard ACAD one, i get menu and toolbar duplicated, any ideas on how to avoid that ?

RobertB
2005-08-15, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't start an enterprise cui from a copy of the acad.cui myself. I would want my enterprise cui to be a blank slate to work with, or a migrated partial menu from earlier versions of AutoCAD.

cadpoobah
2005-08-25, 03:20 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to "filter" menus or an easy way to "arrange" the menus on the menu bar. I hope I'm missing something obvious! :)
Let me explain. Prior to 2006, in the MENULOAD command, you could select only those menus that you wanted to place in the menu bar, and you could rearrange them (via the "move up" or "move down" buttons).

Now, when a CUI file is loaded, all of it's menus show up on the menu bar. Is there a way to "exempt" certain menus from being displayed in the menu bar? In other words, I may have a menu that isn't completed yet or perhaps have menus that are only needed occassionally. I'll still need them, but I want to decide when I see them. I realize I could move it to another CUI, but what a hassle.

And any suggestions on how to organize the menu bar?

Mike.Perry
2005-08-25, 10:28 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to "filter" menus or an easy way to "arrange" the menus on the menu bar. I hope I'm missing something obvious! :)

< SNIP >

And any suggestions on how to organize the menu bar?Hi

Have a browse of the following thread...

Pull down menu location (CUI) (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=20883)

Have a good one, Mike

RobertB
2005-08-26, 05:29 AM
Workspaces work hand-in-hand with the CUI. You cannot ignore workspaces and just concentrate on the CUI Editor.

dhurtubise
2005-08-27, 01:42 AM
Make sure that you start your enterprise CUI with an empty one (custom by example). So menu are still loaded locally. If you want to control the standard menu, i suggest you reverse the process.
As for Workspaces, i collected all my users CUI and dump them into the enterprise allow them to easily go to another machine and switch to they're workspace. Kinda cool