PDA

View Full Version : Import IFC into Revit

Gene Herring
2005-08-15, 12:25 PM
Does anyone have any Idea of whether Revit can "Import" or read an IFC file? The export options are quite obvius. Thanks for any info.

luigi
2005-08-15, 12:56 PM
IFC Import isn't supported...at least not yet...

JamesVan
2005-08-15, 12:57 PM
Don't think you can yet. There may be some way through ADT to import an IFC into a DWG then into Revit, but I haven't tried it yet. What would constitute a situation where you would need to import IFC into Revit?

Gene Herring
2005-08-16, 01:50 AM
James, maybe I am off target with my approach but what I was attempting to do was import in "intelligent" objects created in Architectural Desktop 2005 into revit. I was hoping the IFC process would "preserve" wall elements as walls, flooors, roofs, etc. (Wishful thinking?)

Maybe this clean of a transfer of data is not ready yet!

Wagurto
2005-08-16, 06:42 PM
I have clients that design and develop in archicad and they give me the 3d model to generate working drawings. I just wish I could use revit to do my part but I don't want to redo everything in order to do my CD's.
I hope importing IFC would do that for me. Am I dreaming?

JamesVan
2005-08-18, 04:01 AM
James, maybe I am off target with my approach but what I was attempting to do was import in "intelligent" objects created in Architectural Desktop 2005 into revit. I was hoping the IFC process would "preserve" wall elements as walls, flooors, roofs, etc. (Wishful thinking?)

Maybe this clean of a transfer of data is not ready yet!
"Not ready yet" is probably the most accurate statement here. Or so I've heard....