PDA

View Full Version : Bug when creating doors/windows in an in place wall family ?

slim13
2004-02-04, 02:05 PM
Hi,

When I create an in place wall family, the doors and windows can be placed in the 3d view or in elevation, not in the plan view.

Doese anyone have experienced the same problem ? Or did I miss a step in the creation of the wall ? Thanks for help

aggockel50321
2004-02-04, 04:22 PM
Is your wall within the view range of the plan view you're trying to place the windows & doors?

gregcashen
2004-02-04, 04:56 PM
I believe that this was addressed in an AU class on freeform shapes. A wall was made using an in place family that was thick at the bottom and thin at the top. The door would only place in 3D, I think, and it was mentioned that this was the case. I think once you place one, however, you can still array, copy, mirror, etc. so place one in each wall and try that...?

slim13
2004-02-06, 12:02 AM
Hi there !!

I just made a new boundary for a wall in level 1 in the modeling area, specifing "walls" in the family type and choosing solid and extrusion. After designing a new shape in the plan view and giving to the extrusion 3 meters high, finishing the sketch and the family, I CAN NOT place a door or a window in this wall in the plan view, but in the 3d or elevation one !!!

is the program not working in my computer only or it is making the same in yours ??!!

beegee
2004-02-06, 12:56 AM
Yes, thats correct ... you can only place the door from a 3D or an elevation view. Once placed, you can move the door in the plan view.

I don't know if this applies only to certain wall shapes like extruded elipses, etc or all in-place walls regardless of profile. Someone from the factory may care to elaborate on that.