PDA

View Full Version : split face on curved walls

jarod.tulanowski
2005-08-16, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know how to split a face of a curved wall? I hope that this is just a stupid question for the day ha ha. thanks in advance

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-08-16, 02:39 PM
Hi Jarod.

I assume you have tried the split tool?

jarod.tulanowski
2005-08-16, 02:44 PM
yep it will split all the ends of the curved wall but not the curved portion

bowlingbrad
2005-08-16, 02:55 PM
Could you post a small piece of the file so that we may look at it? I checked the split tool on a curved wall and it worked just fine. Is this an in-place family?

sbrown
2005-08-16, 03:00 PM
I think he is speaking of the split face tool. I think the easiest way would be to create a duplicate wall type with the finish you want and embed it into the curved wall.

bowlingbrad
2005-08-16, 03:02 PM
My bad. Didn't read the post well. I agree with Scott. Embed.

EDIT: Use the 'cut geometry' tool to get the wall to embed. I think you need to pick the main wall first, then the wall you want 'embedded'.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-08-16, 04:34 PM
here is what I am trying to do. the way you are talking about sounds complicated for this situation.

sbrown
2005-08-16, 07:10 PM
not complicated at all,1. create your 3 wall types, 2 draw you main wall, then in plan draw your second wall the lenth you need, then adjust its top and bott offset as needed, then draw your 3rd wall and adjust its height. then use join geometery to clean it up. See attached.

jarod.tulanowski
2005-08-16, 07:28 PM
now that is what I am talking about Scott. thanks for the help worked like a charm

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-19, 03:52 PM
Wow what did I say to get bad Rep points. That was uncool. Am I wrong you can get bad rep points just buy asking a question?!? I know how they work but is there a way to ask the person why I got the bad points (since they did not leave a comment)??

Scott D Davis
2006-01-19, 04:52 PM
send an IM and ask them? I don't think you are getting negative rep. If its a gray box in your "Latest Reputation Recieved" area, then you are not getting docked any points.

I wouldn't read too much into the whole Rep system. They whole thing needs to be revised completely or just done away with. I received a very postive comment the other day, and the box next to the comment is red.

jarod.tulanowski
2006-01-19, 04:54 PM
yea mine was red also that is what confused me. thanks for the clearification Scott