PDA

View Full Version : Roof, floor,and ceiling cores

gibson.tim91884
2005-08-17, 04:02 PM
Is there a way to draw roofs, floors, and ceilings so that the upper or lower side of the core is at the plane where the roof is drawn? It seems like these elements always use the upper or lower bounds of the entire assembly (and that's not even consistent -- draw a roof by footprint and the bottom is the reference; by extrusion the top is the reference), and it would be ideal to set the core at an elevation and be able to modify the assembly as the design progresses.

eddy.lermytte
2005-08-17, 07:43 PM
I started a related thread about roofs
You can find the replies here. http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=12477

Gadget Man
2005-08-18, 09:02 AM
Another question slightly different, but generally still falling in that category: is there a way to control the individual layers of a composite roof, like in a case of the walls? Eg. when I've got (comming from the bottom) "Core", "Structure [1]" (= Rafter), "Core, "Substrate [2]" (= Battens Layer/ Airspace), "Finish [3]" (= Sheeting), I would like to extend the "Finish" (Sheeting) layer to overhang, say, 50mm past the "Fascia" (Core+Structure+Core+Substrate) line (like it is with the composite Walls). Is it at all possible?

rodneyf
2005-08-18, 11:03 AM
Jerry,
It is not possible but I have personally submitted this wish to the factory. If you or anyone else for that matter would like to see this added please submit an example to Revit as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Rhythmick
2005-08-18, 02:25 PM
I also suggested to a contact with adsk that extending roof layers like the walls would work great for gable overhangs where the rafter size typically change to the soffit size. You could just pull the finish layers out and build the soffit under.

In the meantime I'm assuming everyones aware the quickest method to change the layers is to copy and paste the roof in the same location and make the neccessary changes to each copy.