PDA

View Full Version : Export to dgn

mmodernc
2005-08-18, 01:42 AM
Does anybody know to what version of Microstation does Revit export.

I have a consultant with Microstation V7 and it is coming through "all over the place".
The export each sheet as a single file gets greyed out when you go to export to dgn.
Consultant would have accepted V14 dwg (translatable in Microstation V7) but Revit will not export V14 dwg. I cannot try with an earlier version of Revit because the files are not backwards version compatible.
I tried exporting through Datacad to produce dwg v14 but some of my sheets had schedules on them and it goes berserk - gets scales all mixed up. Also the insertion point for the tag symbols ends up being at project references (ignores shared). I.e. the tag may be on a window at 40 metres height but the insertion point appears closer to zero.
We are now being requested to supply prints.
So much for the paperless office-Can you run Revit without the internet?

Steve_Stafford
2005-08-18, 03:00 AM
Does anybody know to what version of Microstation does Revit export.
Revit exports to Microstation/J or 7 as it is also referred to. You must designate what levels objects shall export to just like for dwg. One issue is that the setup assumes a bylevel color assignment, which J doesn't support, 8 does. I seriously doubt there will be support for new versions of dgn since Bentley has undertaken supporting dwg. I suspect the intended path at this point is to export Revit to dwg and send the Bentley product user that format and let their software import or just work on the dwg format directly.