PDA

View Full Version : UK price rise

gbrowne
2005-08-19, 12:39 PM
http://www.excitech.co.uk/news/revit_p.asp?cc=em050818e&vj=457534

Phil Palmer
2005-08-19, 12:57 PM
Well that shows just how comitted Autodesk are in Getting Revit to a wider Audience in the UK :roll: or is this throughout all countries ?

Roger Evans
2005-08-19, 01:21 PM
Beat me to it

As from 1st September Autodesk will be raising the prices on Revit Building 8 and AutoCAD Revit Series 8.

Product Pre 1st September 2005 From 1st September 2005
Revit Building 8 £3055 £3575
AutoCAD Revit Series 8 £3640 £3770

Note these prices are for single copy standalone licenses.

Edit : I wonder How does this compares with other countries

Paul P.
2005-08-19, 02:28 PM
I hope it's not just a U.K thing. :(

Roger Evans
2005-08-19, 03:07 PM
As a point of interest Sketch Up in the UK is now available at around £285 (SU5)compared to June last year when it was £315 (SU4) ie approx 10% cheaper

Earlier this week I was talking to a few architects (spreading the gospel) ~ whilst all were interested in Revit none would take the plunge because of the cost ~ if it had been priced at around £2000 or so all would have jumped at it

Max Lloyd
2005-08-19, 03:14 PM
(playing devil's advocate) Do you really want everyone else to have it though?

Roger Evans
2005-08-19, 03:22 PM
Yeah I know I shoot myself in the foot as often as Autodesk do

Phil Palmer
2005-08-19, 03:29 PM
(playing devil's advocate) Do you really want everyone else to have it though?
Max
I know what you mean
its great to have superior technology at our fingertips even if the rest of the Uk cant wake up yet
:smile:

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-19, 03:54 PM
What does ArchiCAD go for over there, mates? just for comparison's sake...

bob.kalsi66006
2005-08-19, 03:56 PM
Max
I know what you mean
its great to have superior technology at our fingertips even if the rest of the Uk cant wake up yet
:smile:

I work at Fairview New Homes and we're using ADT 2006 and it's quite good. What is the difference between that and Revit? Has Revit got the same kind of set up as AutoCAD?

gibson.tim91884
2005-08-19, 04:08 PM
Download a demo and check it out for yourself. You won't be sorry. We switched from ACAD to ArchiCAD to ADT to Revit, and we're finally happy. We still use ACAD for some stuff, but Revit is The Way.

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-19, 04:11 PM
Ha - Bob, it's utterly different. Revit is one file, ADT is scores of files. That's the biggest difference conceptually. But since you likely model all your projects in one file, we can list the other differences.

There are no dimvars. No paperspace. No xrefs. Just other features that are much easier to use that do the same things.

Revit was designed from the ground up as a building modeler. ADT is piggybacking on AutoCAD, so along with VISRETAIN and DIMALT and DIMLFAC and CONVERTPSTYLES and the rest, you've also got all the AEC variables and commands.

Revit has none of that. It is so much more enjoyable to use, easier to learn and more productive than ADT that once you get onto it, you'll wonder when people will leave the ADT camp in droves. There are plenty of ex-ADT users (such as myself) here.

rhys
2005-08-19, 04:12 PM
What does ArchiCAD go for over there, mates? just for comparison's sake...
2800 Pounds 1st licence 2660 Pounds 2nd - 4th licence
But then you pay extra for renderer.

bob.kalsi66006
2005-08-19, 04:22 PM
Ha - Bob, it's utterly different. Revit is one file, ADT is scores of files. That's the biggest difference conceptually. But since you likely model all your projects in one file, we can list the other differences.

There are no dimvars. No paperspace. No xrefs. Just other features that are much easier to use that do the same things.

Revit was designed from the ground up as a building modeler. ADT is piggybacking on AutoCAD, so along with VISRETAIN and DIMALT and DIMLFAC and CONVERTPSTYLES and the rest, you've also got all the AEC variables and commands.

Revit has none of that. It is so much more enjoyable to use, easier to learn and more productive than ADT that once you get onto it, you'll wonder when people will leave the ADT camp in droves. There are plenty of ex-ADT users (such as myself) here.

Going by that Wes, I'd say we're losing out. As there's like over a hundread CAD users here, it'd be a mammoth task to switch over but you've kinda got me excited about Revit now. Well, thinking about it, i'm in the planning dept.where we draw plans and ele's where as the other dept's are produce working drawing pakages so I think we'd benefit more that the other guys (technical dept). Will mention it to the IT dept.

Phil Palmer
2005-08-19, 05:03 PM
Bob

download the trial from the autodesk website.
you will be pleasantly suprised straight out of the box !

jbalding48677
2005-08-19, 05:38 PM
Just a thought but what was the exchange rate last year in comparison to the current? Does that have anything to do with it? I know that I was getting killed last year on a weak dollar.

Just a thought?