PDA

View Full Version : New section Line

Chirag Mistry
2005-08-19, 03:59 PM
We are almost 95 % CDs. This morning I had to create a new section at the stair elevation. Now, this section indication shows up on all my floor plans, ceiling plans, enlarged plans, elevation and numerous other places and the only way I know to turn this off is goto each view select the line and "Hide annotation in View" This is very frustrating as I have to go thro' almost 40 sheets. Either I am missing something very simple or REVIT folks should do something about it, where the user has a selection of which views the section line should show up. Any thoughts

rhys
2005-08-19, 04:57 PM
You can hide at scales coarser than - right click section line properties. That should reduce the number of instances.

pat.71103
2005-08-19, 05:07 PM
Hello, this is my first time posting, but I believe we have a solution for you. We also had the problem with new sections showing up on our CD's and used the technique of hiding them in the views that they appeared in. Of course, as the project, number of sheets, and views increased, this technique became tedious. We came up with a new practice of creating a new PHASE, called PHASE-WORKING, that is placed after the NEW CONSTRUCTION phase. Then the views on the CD's, which would be on a construction phase, demolition phase, or existing phase, would not show the phase-working views. We try to use this technique whenever we need to have a quick working section view for planning or other purposes. We typically have several plan views, section views, and a few callouts in the "phase-working" phase.
Hope this helps.

Pat Carbonel
Draftsman
Frederick C. Gibson Architect & Associates
San Francisco, CA

aggockel50321
2005-08-19, 05:39 PM
Two more options:

Turn off sections via the view/visibility dialog. Save the view as a view template. Highlight multiple views (using the ctrl or shift key) in the project browser. Then select apply view template from the View menu.

or...

In the print setup dialog, check the "hide unreferenced view tags", and they won't print.