PDA

View Full Version : Export from Revit 8.0 to DXF problem

snurresprett9
2005-08-21, 03:24 PM
When I try to export a 3D view to dxf, the model changes!!? Windows are out of their place, clustered together in a big chunk of windows outside of the house model. Strange! Also the roof isnt complete. Is there something im doing wrong here? What is the best way to export to dxf.? I havent played to much with the settings yet.

Joef
2005-08-21, 07:55 PM
I have been experiencing the same problems with export to DWG. I'm not sure what the cause is, but it makes it virtually impossible to trust the output from Revit to DWG. If I create a drawing from Revit then import it into another drawing it is a mess. The original is fine, but as soon as I try to insert it things go awry. When I get some time I will send a file to subscription. In the meantime if anyone from Autodesk knows something about this problem it would save me (and others) some time if they would respond here.

Joe

gbrowne
2005-08-21, 08:05 PM
I too have experienced this, actually in the last few releases as well.

Given the constant need to export to regular CAD for other consultants, I think this is a serious issue needing attention.

Scott D Davis
2005-08-21, 08:22 PM
Explode Revit exported DWGs before trying to insert them in another Revit exported DWG.

The problem is the use of the same block reference in multiple exports, and the base points of the blocks are different.

Joef
2005-08-22, 01:11 AM
So you have to go around the entire drawing exploding all of the blocks that Revit created before inserting the drawing into another drawing. Seems a bit on the buggishy side to me. Anyone from Autodesk care to enlighten us on this matter?

gbrowne
2005-08-22, 08:23 AM
One of the strange things happening during an export was multiline text on what became paperspace turned into single line text, and sometimes single words on a line.

Very annoying and hard to fix if you have a whole specification on a drawing.