PDA

View Full Version : MANY MATERIALS AND SHAPES ON SAME WALL?

athanasiosmavrides
2005-08-22, 07:02 AM
Does anybody know how to assign many material and different colors on a single wall when render, but also when designing?
As you can see on the wall elevation I have a stone region, a brick region, 2 wall reveals with different color and three wall regions with different colors (one where the door is placed and 2 between the reveals).
Can you explain to me how to make something like this, both on render, and when designing in standard revit mode(before render such as elevation)? Of course in the later case the colors won't be available.
Could you please outline the way to do it for the two cases . Especially how to assign different materials and colors with hatch, on SAME wall. Or if same wall is no good how?
Thank you guys in advance!

gravelin
2005-08-22, 07:30 AM
You can use the split face tool.
select the elevation view
pick the tool
select the wall
draw a sketch that define two region on your wall
do it many time as necessary
then use the paint tool
select the material you want
and select the region in the wall you want to paint.

athanasiosmavrides
2005-08-22, 08:11 AM
Thank You Gravelin.I did't know that I could split a wall on its horizontal axis.
So I need to create many materials for the paint tool and work with them (assign these)?
How about when I want to paint the wall reveals with colors or assign different materials such as wood (wooden reveal). Any ideas?

gravelin
2005-08-22, 08:45 AM
Thank You Gravelin.I did't know that I could split a wall on its horizontal axis.
No need to split the wall. You can use split face tool (look just near the paint tool)
This allows the create a region on the face of the wall.

So I need to create many materials for the paint tool and work with them (assign these)?
Yes, these materials are the same you can use everywher in the objects of your project.

How about when I want to paint the wall reveals with colors or assign different materials such as wood (wooden reveal). Any ideas?Using the paint tool, you can pick the internal faces of the reveal.
Use TAB to select the faces .

athanasiosmavrides
2005-08-22, 09:17 AM
Thank You very much Gravelin. Your guidlines were very helpfull!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sbrown
2005-08-22, 01:31 PM
If you have horizontal changes in materials you can build those into the wall structure itself using wall sweeps and reveals and compound wall finishes. Take a look at the help files on compound walls. You can split up the wall in its section view within the wall editor itself.