PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Seat Standalone Deployment

bowlingbrad
2005-08-22, 12:55 PM
Just got my RS 8.1 disks!

Now that I have licenses for my entire office, I am looking into deploying using the Deployment Wizard. Does anyone have any advice or tips regarding the Wiz?

TIA,
Brad

(I am always hoping that Ski put together a video tutorial :wink: )

aaronrumple
2005-08-22, 12:59 PM
Very simple - just follow the directions. Install the content to a central network drive. Set up the deployment also on a netowrk drive. Other than that, it is all pretty well automated.

Users will still need to copy and old keyboard shortcuts from the previous version to the new version.

LRaiz
2005-08-22, 01:09 PM
Trying to avoid confusion. The term Deployment Wizard is usually applied to the tool for installing Autocad based products. Revit does not use this tool. It has its own network deployment implementation. Do not try to use ACAD deployment Wizard for Revit deployment.

bowlingbrad
2005-08-22, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys!

So Aaron, you're talking about the Revit Network Deployment, right?

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-22, 02:44 PM
Brad, you can create the network deployment during installation. And this is weird: you can't create a network deployment without installing Revit on the computer you're setting this up on! So don't create the deployment while you're working on the server -- set it up from a workstation.

There's a checkbox during the install wizard, and the rest of the steps are straightforward.

I imagine you've got your Revit content already stored on your server so there's no need to deploy the content to each workstation.

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-22, 02:45 PM
I should add that in case you WANT to deploy content to each workstation, there's a 100Mb limit to the amount of content that can be deployed. So you may have to manually copy any additional content to computers after the install :-(

bowlingbrad
2005-08-22, 03:32 PM
Thanks Wes.