PDA

View Full Version : Previous View ??

barathd
2005-08-23, 04:27 PM
It is so handy to be able to reference sections and details directly from a plan view - wish it were just as easy to go back to the plan view (a single click) from the section or detail.

aaronrumple
2005-08-23, 04:46 PM
Right Click -> Select Find Referring View... Pick the correct view from the list.

This feature could use improvement. If I'm on a section, I probably don't want to go back to an area plan. Maybe a ceiling or floor plan. So move those to the top of the list. The view the original symbol was create in, should always be at the top of the list. Frequently used views should also float to the top of the list.

Now what is missing is a go to sheet function. I often work on a detail, then have to go to the view properties to remind myself what sheet I put that detail on. Then find the sheet in the browser. Would be a great addition for the right click navigation tools.

whilgendorf
2005-08-23, 04:46 PM
From the section view just click on the Level Head and it will take you back to the plan view

barathd
2005-08-23, 04:52 PM
I am aware of the "level head" trick - my problem is that most of my sections and details are reference views (drawn in 2d).

jbalding48677
2005-08-23, 05:16 PM
I use the ctrl + tab and ctrl + shift + tab constantly and never really think twice about it.

barathd
2005-08-23, 07:34 PM
Jim:

Ctrl + Tab - works fine for me.

Thanks

aaronrumple
2005-08-23, 08:31 PM
Ah. If you open a window using a ref. tag. Then all you need to do to return to that view is simply close the current view [X]. The previous view will be stacked right underneath.