PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Patterns

Doug
2003-05-19, 07:49 PM
I am having a brain cramp... I need to add a StoneCAD hatch pattern to Revit 5.1

I have copied the pattern to the Revit.pat file, added the line for drafting and the line for model to the file.

But it does not show up in the Material - Surface Pattern pull down... I know I am missing something...

:arrow:

gregcashen
2003-05-19, 08:16 PM
See the thread in this forum re roof patterns

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-19, 08:18 PM
You may need to close and reopen Revit to "re-read" the new pattern definition... :?:

Doug
2003-05-19, 08:50 PM
I figured out how to get the pattern in - BUT now it is just a black square.
;; (c)1997 STONE PRODUCTS CORPORATION
*CBLFLD, COBBLEFIELD
;%TYPE=MODEL
;UNITS=INCH
I added the last 2 lines to the file

Thanks
Doug

narlee
2003-06-29, 01:52 PM
Try changing the import scale to 10 or 20. This setting is found in the Add Surface Pattern dialogue box. It will change the black square (which if zoomed in on, shows an incorrect hatching) to the intended pattern. This worked with the Stone_03, 05 and 10 versions I downloaded from RUGI.

I could not get the Cobblefield or any of the Cultured Stone patterns, that I downloaded off RUGI, to take. I always get the message "pattern too large." They ARE rather large pieces of pattern code.

Anyone else have this problem?

narlee
2003-06-29, 02:45 PM
Here's something annoying. They don't seem to work on in-place familes like extrusions. Revit has problems in general with patterns for families, patterns that work and are adjustable for roof and wall families. Something I guess is somewhere on their wishlist, don't know how hot, but I'm going to re-request as it seems like a pretty basic function. For instance, their brick pattern can't be turned for in-place families.

Wes Macaulay
2003-06-30, 06:42 AM
I could not get the Cobblefield or any of the Cultured Stone patterns, that I downloaded off RUGI, to take. I always get the message "pattern too large." They ARE rather large pieces of pattern code.

The only StoneCAD patterns that work with Revit are the version 1 patterns. The v3 and v2000 patterns can't be scaled up to a usable scale, and I haven't got a copy of the v2 patterns to know if they work. Look for acad(revit3).pat on RUGI - this has the v1 StoneCAD patterns in them.

I have put the Revit and StoneCAD people together on this issue. There's only a few hatches in the latest edition of StoneCAD that aren't in the v1 set, so hopefully you won't miss them.

narlee
2003-06-30, 10:47 PM
Thanks, and it works with in-place objects. But, you know, it still suffers (at least the cobblestone one) after you "Finish Family." There's something Revit's got to work out with patterns in families to make them work and to make them adjustable like when they are applied to floors, roofs and walls.

mlgatzke
2003-07-01, 03:47 AM
Here's a question:

In AutoCAD (& ADT) I used to have occassion to draw a rambling stone mix with brick - nothing geometric - more organic and random. How can I specify a filled region boundary around a stone pattern if the pattern disappears when I try to edit it's boundary? All I've been able to do thus far is create the pattern in AutoCAD and import it into Revit as a Drafting View detail - unable to place the detail on the wall surface.

Any suggestions?

PeterJ
2003-07-01, 12:31 PM
Mike, this is an untested suggestion.....

Can you draw a filled region with your preferred fill pattern then draw another filled region over it following the boundary of the pattern below, then delete the template filled region?

P