PDA

View Full Version : Manually Upgrading files

Chad Smith
2005-08-24, 12:06 AM
Lately I have hit a few files that can't be opened/upgraded and an error stating that the file needs to be 'Upgraded Manually'.

It would seem that the support team has different/extra software that allows these files to be upgraded and resaved in a usable format.

I guess my question goes to be development team, and wondering why this software/functionality could not be added to the Revit program so that we 'audit' our own files, kinda like in AutoCAD, and thus save time without the need to send it off to support.

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-24, 12:20 AM
Sometimes you can expand the error dialog and see what the element IDs are that are causing the problem. Go back to the earlier version, see if you can figure out what's up, and fix or delete the objects...

...because if the answer is getting that manual upgrade tool from Autodesk, the question is 'Do you look good in blue?'

Because if not, I wouldn't hold your breath. :mrgreen:

I do concur with you Chris. Upgrading can sometimes be impossible.

knurrebusk
2005-08-24, 12:35 AM
I´ve noticed this error on many of my most desired objects!
Perhaps it´s an API problem!, like Graphisoft has every release.

The Revit Team needs to stay far away from unpredictable changes that inflict the freedom
we as happy Reviteers enjoy!

I think it´s nice for creativity when you don´t bother to find the window that´s needed, you just build it.

Curtain wall is nice too! he he

If only I could make sloped/curved roads nag/nag!

Regards Atle.

Chad Smith
2005-10-26, 11:29 PM
Hit another file yesterday that needs to be upgraded manually. Still waiting from Autodesk for the fixed file. It took nearly a week for the last one I sent in to get back to me.

This issue is really annoying, time consuming and costly.

Can we please integrate whatever the support staff have into the Revit program so that we can do this ourselves.

Shaun v Rooyen
2005-10-27, 09:40 AM
Hey Chad.
Interresting thing happend to another mate trying to upgrade a massive file (189mb) this week from 7.0 to 8.0. and then to 8.1 after several unsuccesfull attempts ( a week of sheer hell) they tried it on a 64 bit platform (PC with some Kick *** specs), and BAM! Sorted!

Something to think about.

Chad Smith
2005-10-31, 09:25 PM
I keep getting the error:
"Can't form arc alignment."

I've been waiting for 6 days now, and still no file upgrade. Very poor support.

Autodesk, we need the ability to do this ourselves.

Edit: Large Text reduced

snurresprett9
2005-12-06, 07:56 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!