PDA

View Full Version : Controlling existing tone on linked Revit file

Tom Weir
2005-08-24, 04:56 PM
Hi all,
I have a linked Revit file that represents the existing structure in the file where I am adding a new addition. When I use the "halftone" parameter to tone the existing linked model it prints very very light, barely shows up on the paper. I tried adjusting the line weight thickness but that did nothing.
So I thought I would use a phase override. But it does not seem to have an effect on the linked RVT.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

sbrown
2005-08-24, 06:03 PM
You need to place the objects in the original model on the existing phase, then under the view properties of the model when it is linked you can select the phase, then the phase overides should apply.

Tom Weir
2005-08-24, 08:33 PM
Scott,
Can't seem to get that to work. I started a test file with three columns, 2 of which are marked as existing. Then I linked that into a new file. I set the linked file like you said, and nothing happened.
I am attaching the two test files in the hopes that you might take a look and tell me where I am in error. These files are saved in Revit Structure 1 so I hope you can open them with Revit Building ( which I presume you are using).

Many thanks...

Tom Weir
Los Angeles